Vitamin D and Fish Oil

Posted Sun 13 Jun 2021 22.50 by Mary1968 (edited Sun 13 Jun 2021 22.54 by Mary1968)

Vitamin D and Fish Oil: When I was a child, I remember people talking about Eskimos, as it was said they never got psoriasis. This was due to their traditional diet, that was rich in Essential Fatty Acids, had a good ratio of the Omegas, and Vitamin D, all of which was obtained from the fish and marine animals that they ate. Then later in life, I read an article that said whilst traditional Eskimos never got psoriasis, the ones living on reservations away from their native hunting grounds (i.e.) the ones that were eating a modern Western diet of processed foods – did. I read this on PubMed: “The low prevalence of psoriasis, asthma and rheumatoid arthritis in Eskimos, have been attribute to the high dietary intake of EPA from fish and marine mammals”. Interestingly, India has an exceedingly high prevalence of really bad psoriasis. I was wondering why that was, and have thought of a few reasons, like: *Many of them are vegetarians for religious reasons, and therefore avoid fish. * Whilst it is a hot and sunny country, the darker your skin, the harder it is to absorb adequate Vitamin D levels. *Combine that with a nutritionally deficient diet (for the poorer people) *And the high consumption of nightshades – they consume a LOT of potato, eggplant, peppers, paprika, chillies, goji berries and ashwagandha. Yes this is leading somewhere……… Whilst I would say NO to whale blubber (yuk), when I was clearing from psoriasis, I avoided nightshades on the whole, and took Vitamin D3 and Fish Oil supplements. I found the combination extremely helpful for clearance. Now I am reading how marine collagen can also help with clearance. And if you think that sounds like a fishy story – I can promise you it is true :)

To take part, sign in or register with us