psoriasis in ear canal

Posted Tue 15 Jun 2021 10.12 by Linda

Has anyone any info on treatment for this condition I have had microsuction twice at a cost of two hundred and fifty pounds each time as I have been informed the the NHS does not provide this.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Fri 2 Jul 2021 21.21 by Jean

Hi Linda, I developed ear psoriasis about a year ago and it's been driving me nuts. The itch is unbearable. I went to the doctor and was told to get ears microsuctioned as a starting point. It did help but the skin flakes were back within days. It's not a real solution, it clears out your ears but not sustainable as a treatment I don't believe. What I've been doing is putting a small bit of vaseline around the ear canal extrance, not down into the ear canal. This keeps it moisturised and helps prevent the flakes clogging up the ear canal. I'm also trying the child's farm moisturiser around my ear lobe and behind my ear which is cracked and raw red. I also put warm olive oil into my ears once a week to keep things moving and try to prevent build up. I doubt I've helped you but it'll give you some ideas maybe if nothing else. It is a very awkward place to have it because you need to be so careful with your hearing! I have it on my scalp too and have done for about 18 years, but the ear thing is new......

Posted Sat 3 Jul 2021 08.07 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sat 3 Jul 2021 14.14 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

I smear diprosalic or dovobet very sparingly inside my ear flaps (and as deep as I can with my little finger (not a cotton bud). For psoriasis deeper inside the earf canal I ocasionally use an "Allergy Relief" spray, fluticasone propionate, 1-2 squirts sprayed inside the ear 1-2 times per month if needed, and then cleaned out after 5-10 minutes with cotton-wool. This is actually sold by Boots as a nasal spray, but after seeing it recommended for psoriasis inside the ear I discussed with my GP who agreed that I should try it. It is a steroid, so I use it very sparingly, but it certainly helps me. It might be worth discussing with your GP. I know nothing about microsuction in the ears, but I recall being told by GPs that syringing the ears (often done to remove excessive wax build-up) can actually irritate the ear canal.

Posted Sat 3 Jul 2021 13.35 by Linda

Thank you both so much for your excellent advice it is much appreciated and I will certainly try all your suggestions , the olive oil and vaseline sounds very promising as does both the diprosalic and dovobet as i am already prescribed them and will purchase the allergy relief as well I do agrees the itching is very annoying and I too have psoriasis on my scalp and find the diprosalic is very effective, once again thank you both so much. Best wishes .Linda

To take part, sign in or register with us