Psoriasis

Posted Mon 21 Jun 2021 10.19 by Kay01

Hi I have had Psoriasis since I was 15 and now I am 29 I still suffer from it on my arms , belly button and legs I have been currently using an hand held uvb light which was helping a lot and a cream I get off Amazon which is called v66, but since I had the covid 19 vaccine_ (Moderna) my psoriasis has flared up , just throught I would post to see if anybody else has had the same effect after the vaccine ? Could it be the vaccine that has made it flare or something else.

Posted Mon 21 Jun 2021 12.24 by Yacht

Posted Mon 21 Jun 2021 12.34 by Kay01

thanks yacht.

Posted Mon 21 Jun 2021 14.34 by Moggy1

I definitely had a reaction to my injection but my dermatologist said it’s just coincidence. As I only started with psoriasis after having covid I am not so sure I agree with him. I feel they are weary to say anything that will stop people getting the vaccination

Posted Mon 21 Jun 2021 14.41 by Kay01

Moggy I agree with you on that one. What injection did you have I had the the morderna one and that night my p flared up big time now not sure if it was the symptoms after having of the Vaccine that made my body stress and flare up , but that is very true they do want people to have the vaccine no matter what.

Posted Mon 21 Jun 2021 14.48 by Moggy1

I had the Astra Zeneca. Approximately 10 days after jab flare began.

Posted Mon 21 Jun 2021 15.01 by OhNo_NotAgain?

I had the astra-zenica vaccination, both doses. Not even the slightest flare-up or increase in my psoriasis. Nothing is certain. I think the general medical view or thought-process would be that any risk of a psoriasis flare-up and the impact on general health might be lower than the impact of contracting covid.

Posted Wed 23 Jun 2021 23.40 by Sue

I have had Psoriosis from been 2 years old and I can honestly say I have never had it so bad it flared up after having COVID last October so I’m now waiting on light treatment

Posted Thu 24 Jun 2021 07.32 by Kay01

Hi sue I have ever had covid that I am aware of , I think I might of had it back in 2020 between Feb and march I was really bad ill , sorry to hear yours got worse after having covid , the light is so good for it I have a hand held 1 and it works the wonders .

Posted Thu 24 Jun 2021 09.33 by Sue

Thank you for replying Kay just waiting on the hospital now regards sue

Posted Thu 24 Jun 2021 09.41 by Kay01

Hope everything will go well for you sue. Hopefully the hospital will get back quite quickly for you .

Posted Thu 24 Jun 2021 21.25 by Moggy1

Hi sue Did the hospital give you an indication when you may start light therapy I was told about 6 weeks ago it could be 39 weeks 😩

Posted Fri 25 Jun 2021 06.49 by Sue

Don’t think the waiting time is too long where I live I’ve been in touch with appointments and they are looking into it for me. I need to see a doctor face-to-face because it has alarmed me how bad my skin is after having Covid. I hope you get sorted soon regards Sue

Posted Fri 25 Jun 2021 12.37 by OhNo_NotAgain?

There are several discussion threads about flare-ups on the forums. There might be an element of confusion - some people are referring to having had vaccinations, and some are referring to actually having covid itself.

To take part, sign in or register with us