Are treatments worth it for small amounts?

Posted Fri 16 Jul 2021 13.46 by standbyme

It started with a small patch on my forearm which came and went without any treatment. But a few years ago i noticed some on my other arm which i have treated with cream which does help though it never goes away completely. I also have it on my scalp that comes and goes. I was wondering if treating it is really doing any good in the long run?, i only tend to use the cream if i have a flare up, and just leave the psoriasis if its only small amounts. I ask this because when i use the cream everyday it seems to help up to a certain point and then doesn't seem to help at all, it seems to have much more of an effect if i just leave it for a week or 2 then apply the cream. I've only ever used one cream called clotrimazole cream, sometimes i wonder if i tried something else maybe it would disappear completely. thank you.

Posted Fri 16 Jul 2021 16.18 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Fri 16 Jul 2021 16.20 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

@standbyme: clotramazole is anti-fungal treatment,, often prescribed for athletes foot and fungal infections elsewhere on the skin eg the groin. I believe it is also used in Canestan. I have had psoriasis all over my body and currenly it is in major remission. I do still get small patches on my elbows and used "Body Shop Vitamin E Night Cream" - it keeps it clear if I remember to apply it. Have you actually been disgnosed witrh psoriasis?

Posted Fri 16 Jul 2021 18.36 by standbyme

Hi, Yes it is anti fungal but it can be used for psoriasis. I never went to a doctor or dermatologist but give what it looks like etc...i can't see what else it could be. So the body shop cream has that cleared it up? or did you use something else to get rid of it? thanks.

Posted Fri 16 Jul 2021 21.00 by OhNo_NotAgain?

On the small patches onm my elbows, the Vit-E cream keeps it away as long as I apply the cream daily or every 2 days or so. I do not believe an antifungal on its own will clear psoriasis - and whatever you have, you say the clotramazole does not clear it completely. In 41 years of psoriasis no doctor anywhere in the world has ever-prescribed a straight anti-fungal for psoriasis. Looking online clotramazole is combined with a steroid in some treatments for psoriasis, but several references state that while some slight relief might be noticed IF there is a co-occurring fungal infection with the psoriasis, as psoriasis is not a fungal infection, an antigungal ointment willl not clear it. I have been prescribed "Trimovate" which is a triple combination of an anti-fungal, a steroid and an anti-bacterial. I needed that for what seemed to be a combination of a fungal infection plus inverse psoriasis in my groin. It reduced slightly with anti-fungal or with steroid, but it needed the trimovate to clear it 100%.

Posted Fri 16 Jul 2021 21.18 by standbyme (edited Fri 16 Jul 2021 21.21 by standbyme)

Maybe its simply just acting to moisturize my skin which is helping treat the psoriasis? I think its time to try something else. Is this the cream?:- https://www.onbuy.com/gb/the-body-shop-vitamin-e-nourishing-night-cream-50ml~c8184~p29566062/?exta=gshp&stat=eyJpcCI6IjExLjk5MDAiLCJkcCI6bnVsbCwibGlkIjo1ODM4ODA2NCwicyI6bnVsbCwidCI6MTYyNjEwNDcyNSwiYm1jIjoiMS41In0=&lid=58388064&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImZfagbXo8QIVSu7tCh3GQQawEAQYAiABEgLcvfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Posted Sun 18 Jul 2021 09.57 by OhNo_NotAgain?

@standbyme: that is a slightly different packaging then when I last bought it, but it seems to be the same. I was able to buy 100ml when I bought it.

To take part, sign in or register with us