UVB phototherapy at home success

Posted Mon 19 Jul 2021 11.06 by lizi
Suddenly developed it at late thirties and now in remission

Hello, I just wanted to let anyone interested in phototherapy know that I have just had 13 weeks hiring a 9 tube bed and ALL of my psoriasis has cleared, and since returning it there are no obvious signs of it returning. However I am going to purchase a two tube mini unit to catch flare ups. I doubted whether it would work and did not see results for 8-9 weeks, but this has changed my life and I now realise just how much psoriasis affected me. This summer is so different as I am not having to cover up head to toe - when I first saw it working it was quite an emotional healing - even though I am now showing my arms I still flinch if someone looks or touches at them and I have to remind myself it is not there. I am so used to feeling so self conscious and awkward. I just wanted to put it out there - I know it is not for everyone, but if you are in doubt I suggest hiring and giving it a go. I know it will come back at some point, but to know something works is a great relief.

Posted Mon 19 Jul 2021 12.02 by Heather

Wow that's fantastic so pleased for you. I have had my quota of sun light treatment so avoid exposing my skin. But always use 50 plus factor. The sun or light is really good though to help psoriasis I am on biologics which are great for me. Thank you for sharing your tips and hope it stays away Take care

Posted Mon 19 Jul 2021 13.15 by bargainlovingmum

Hi both - lovely to hear about your positive experiences. I don't know much about the light treatment - but is that right that it can still work with factor 50 on? Do the healing rays get through? Thanks and all the best to you :)

Posted Mon 19 Jul 2021 13.24 by Heather

Not sure with the factor 50 but doesn't apply to me as I'm on biologics. So not sure light would work if factor on. Thank you and take care as well

Posted Mon 19 Jul 2021 16.10 by lizi
Suddenly developed it at late thirties and now in remission

I did not have any sunscreen on as in the notes it says wearing creams will make it less effective. As I understand it it was 75%UVB and 25% UVA starting at 30 sec, going up 10 sec every other day (I was told not to have it every day but every other day) and I got to a maximum of 3.5 minutes. I have just gone for a walk accidentally without sunscreen and feel far more blasted then the bed! Thank you for your comments x

Posted Mon 19 Jul 2021 16.21 by bargainlovingmum

Thanks so much, Lizi xx

Posted Mon 19 Jul 2021 16.25 by bargainlovingmum

Thank you, Heather, too. I just saw your reply above - I'd missed it 1st time round x

To take part, sign in or register with us