Psoriasis & COVID Vaccine

Posted Thu 11 Nov 2021 09.19 by Dizzyronnie

Thanks Max

Posted Sun 14 Nov 2021 13.29 by kathleen.mcclean@hotmail.co.uk

Update on my own situation. Guttate psoriasis is much worse, 95% body coverage. I have a Dermatology appointment in a few weeks and am hoping to be referred for phototherapy.

Posted Sun 14 Nov 2021 13.45 by Dizzyronnie

Hiya Like anything. Some things work and some don’t . Anything’s worth a try Roni

Posted Sun 14 Nov 2021 13.47 by Ess S (edited Sun 14 Nov 2021 13.49 by Ess S)

Kathleen That was like me i started off with guttate psoriasis on 95% of my body it was really aggressive and severe i got referred to dermatologist but for me phototherapy queue was to long so they put me on cyclosporine capsules. My current situation is i went from guttate psoriasis to plaque psoriasis to recently getting told i have Erythrodermic psoriasis which is the rarest and most aggressive 1 of them all. Iv found that the cyclosporine is helping me and my psoriasis is fading out iv seen a massive improvement..it will take atleast 6 weeks to clear up though. Im no longer in pain but i still feel very very itchy which is annoying because it keeps me up at night. Also to moisturize my dermatologist has gave me liquid paraffin which i find helps.

Posted Sun 14 Nov 2021 18.15 by kathleen.mcclean@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you both. After a very stressful month, it is really encouraging to see that there are options. Psoriasis feels like such an invasion, it can be difficult to maintain hope.

Posted Mon 15 Nov 2021 14.52 by mikeb

I had my first Pfizer jab i January 2021 with no side effects. After my 2nd jab in April 2021 my body exploded with psoriasis. Head, legs, arms, groin, torso, feet, hands. The feet were so bad that I struggled to walk. My hands were useless without pain. None of the medications seems to have had any effect. The soles and palms have improved to a tolerable level but still uncomfortable. Had the booster jab in October and pretty well every part of my body is affected in some way. Off to the Doctor in an hour..........

Posted Mon 15 Nov 2021 18.42 by Geminitiger (edited Mon 15 Nov 2021 18.43 by Geminitiger)

this is really worrying. I had my 2 vaccines and caught Covid a couple of months after my 2nd jabot was fairly mild.I cant recall having any bad flares though I seem to recall when I had Covid it was more Itchy. I used once Sanex shower gel for sensitive skin as I didn't have my Epaderm with me and I had the worst ever reaction.my whole body was like I had sunburn and the itching was horrendous, cold showers about 4 times a day. Derms at the hospital gave me steroid cream and Emollin and it gradually improved but I have now mild Guttate as well as my Plaque . a week ago I started Nightshade free ,No cows milk products apart from raw milk butter and I now use Goats milk and cheese.and I've gone back to gluten free just using white basmati rice and sweet potato, and trying to cut back on fruit. In relation to Covid Vacine,im now unsure to have the booster especially as I have a chest infection(non Covid) right now.my psoriasis has definitely stopped feeling so itchy in the last 4 days with no flares. The Derm said they have seen quite a few issues with skin and the vaccines also.

Posted Mon 15 Nov 2021 19.33 by mikeb

Back from the Doc. She has diagnosed Erythrodermic psoriasis. I start on steroid tabs tomorrow for 2 weeks then a blood test and another visit to the Doc. In the meantime I have to stay warm and take it easy because of the increased risk of heart failure - Ye Gods! She has also referred me to the hospital and also took note of the coincidental timings of the Covid jabs.

Posted Mon 15 Nov 2021 19.37 by Dizzyronnie

MikeB bloody hell! Stay safe love! x

Posted Mon 15 Nov 2021 20.29 by mikeb

Thanks Dizzyronnie... I'm 76 years young and quite fit -logging being my hobby. To go from this to being a flaking ball of itch is hard to take :)

Posted Mon 15 Nov 2021 20.39 by Dizzyronnie

I know mikeB! I’m the same. 56 and fit as a butchers dog! I go rowing and paddle boarding on the Thames. Pretty grim to be reduced to a useless lump. This past 8 months has been really tough! Not done anything or been anywhere! Just an endless round of applying creams and walking like Bambi on ice! I’m all good now sort of! The skin thing has cleared! I just need my hands and feet to get better and my nails and hair to grow back! But at least I can function unlike a few months ago when I would have been happy to throw myself under a bus!!

Posted Mon 15 Nov 2021 22.12 by mikeb

Dizzyronnie -as a matter of interest when (if) did you have your Covid jabs. My daughter has a friend working at a Vax centre and she reckons skin problems are coming to the fore. Makes some sense I suppose -it's all connected to the immune system.

Posted Mon 15 Nov 2021 22.20 by Dizzyronnie

mike I had both jabs in Feb and April

Posted Mon 15 Nov 2021 22.27 by Ess S

Awhhhh mike hope you get better soon.. Im 30 and last week got diagnosed with Erythrodermic psoriasis to! Urgh its a nightmare to have its so aggressive and severe and soooooo itchy! I shed so much skin i have to vaccum several times a day.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 2021 05.53 by mikeb

Ess S It's certainly a nasty little ailment. It helps to know that there are others in the same boat. I find Cetraben is best of all the lotions -eases the itching and stops the flaking for a few hours at least.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 2021 06.20 by Ess S

Mike I used to use cetraben and at first it was okay bit then towards start of october i stopped using it because my skin was badly inflammed and cracked and whatever i would use on it would sting and burn very badly to the point i was screaming and crying in pain...even the most mild cream would hurt me. The dermatologist gave me a liquid paraffin instead which i use now and its a very greasy consistency but its worked very well for me and my skin is slightly better from the medication im taking so when i use the paraffin it doesnt burn my skin because its not that inflammed anymore. Im currently on cyclosporine and liquid paraffin..i also take allergy tablets fexofenadine to help with the itching..so far its working for me my psoriasis is no longer red/purple and swollen like it was last month now its faded alot and looks more pinkier..the itching is still alot though that doesnt go iv found.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 2021 21.45 by mikeb

EssS Funny you mention Cetraben stinging - I've felt that slightly over the last 2 days. I'll keep a sharp eye on it from now on. I'm glad you've seen an improvement. Best of luck :)

Posted Wed 17 Nov 2021 00.29 by Ess S

Mike Thank you ..hope you get better soon! Best of luck to you to =)

Posted Wed 17 Nov 2021 06.33 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Wed 17 Nov 2021 06.34 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

"Posted Mon 15 Nov 2021 22.12 by mikeb My daughter has a friend working at a Vax centre and she reckons skin problems are coming to the fore." When did vaccination centres begin providing medical consultations or dermatology consultations? I heard from a bloke down the pub . . . . .who knows someone who said . . . .

Posted Wed 17 Nov 2021 07.04 by mikeb

I see : So when the vax administrator asks if you had any adverse reaction to the jab you are A. Not permitted to comment or B. The vaxer is not allowed to store this info and make comment..... Strangely enough my Doctor made a similar comment about skin problems and the jabs. Any connection is certainly not widespread, other than on this forum don't know of anyone else with the problem. I had my booster and will have any further jabs as required so I certainly am not scaremongering.

To take part, sign in or register with us