Psoriasis & COVID Vaccine

Posted Mon 27 Dec 2021 12.24 by Amethystmoon

I have suffered with scalp psoriasis for decades, since having the vaccines ( I am triple jabbed) I am suffering from joint pain all over my body, I’m 46 but feel 96 when moving about. Has anyone else noticed an increase or new joint stiffness and pain?

Posted Tue 28 Dec 2021 21.38 by Medusangel

I’ve ad all 3 jabs,I was fine till last 1 & my pain got bad,& headaches.but my psoriasis stayed same.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 2021 08.47 by Watermelonsuga

I had plaque psoriasis as a child, haven’t really had a flare up since. I had my pfizer vaccine last Jan and shortly after my scalp and genital area was covered in plaques which I initially did not relate at all to the vaccine or even psoriasis, but I have now been diagnosed with scalp and genital psoriasis and receiving treatment for this. I did notice another inflammation following my 2nd vaccine, not as bad my first. This has been going on for a year now and I am anxious about getting My booster as I am just now seeing some improvement now to my psoriasis! But it’s booked in for tomorrow so :)

Posted Wed 29 Dec 2021 08.56 by mikeb

Good luck :)

Posted Sat 8 Jan 2022 22.25 by Justinjwheeler

I have a question: had anyone who experienced psoriasis flare-ups after the vaccine taken the Johnson & Johnson vaccine? From what I understand that one works differently than the others, and possibly would not cause flare-ups.

Posted Sun 9 Jan 2022 22.10 by Una

Dizzyronnie Do you have the uv light? I am interested in this as my psoriasis is getting really bad. I am more then happy to pay if you still have it

Posted Sun 23 Jan 2022 02.02 by Mary1968

Good question Well. I have been clear of psoriasis for over ten years now I had my first Covid jab in early January 2022 Yesterday, I noticed a small patch of psoriasis had formed on my elbow. Coincidence?! I think not. Anyway never mind. That is the least of my concerns, as still struggling with other side effects of the jab. :(

Posted Sun 23 Jan 2022 02.05 by Mary1968

Amethystmoon I am experiencing a lot of random body pain since I had the jab Exhausted too I didn't want to get the jab, but was forced to.

Posted Wed 2 Feb 2022 22.46 by rickjt62 (edited Fri 4 Feb 2022 23.08 by rickjt62)
Had it since 1980 when I was 18 - now almost 53 and it's getting as bad as ever

I’ve had psoriasis since 1980 and chronic psoriasis since 1984 Noticed the start of a severe flare up after first AZ jab; by the 2nd AZ jab my p was the worst it has been for 20 years. The booster was Pfizer Started on Skilarence which, in the past has worked for me, albeit side effects. Up to 4 x 120mg tabs and absolutely no improvement in skin over a six week period. I am going to try and tolerate 6 x 120mg to see if anything happens P arriving in places where I’ve never had it, such as shoulders and soles of feet … pissed off is an understatement Rich

Posted Wed 2 Feb 2022 23.29 by Jochana

Update on guttate psoriasis flare which happened 2 days after Pfizer booster… it could possibly have been due to a strep infection around the same time! Talk about things happening together! Not sure if perhaps there’s a covid strep link but for me more likely the psoriasis was due to strep and thankfully psoriasis improving.

Posted Fri 4 Feb 2022 15.41 by Kevin

I had never had psoriasis until the Pfizer booster jab in November . Had C19 in March 2020 and developed long covid . When I say long I mean long and ongoing . Still had the Astra z vaccines and no effect ,wish I could say the same for the Pfizer . Had a return of the covid symptoms for a few days then started itching like a madman . A day or two later the spots appeared which have turned into plaques . Prescribed cortisone cream and antihistamine which has taken the edge off Thats it for now waiting to see a dermatologist to get a diagnosis but the GP seems pretty sure its Psoriasis which has been brought on by unknown . Not ruling out the booster but not committing either , Really glad I found this site ,reading of similar experiences . I am not alone

Posted Fri 4 Feb 2022 20.58 by Kevin

Dont forget to register side effects on the yellow card website . Only by saying the effects that the covid jab has had on us will we be able to get a clear picture of whats going on

Posted Sat 5 Feb 2022 09.03 by mikeb

Good point Kevin -I've just done that.

Posted Sun 6 Feb 2022 09.53 by Paddymcc

I have never had psoriasis I am 49 years old and after the first Covid jab i noticed a small patch of flaky skin on my side after the second jab within three weeks I was covered in psoriasis and haven’t been able to shift it since. It covers my head back sides arms legs and feet, I am at my wits end and feel really low from it. I can’t believe that people suffer with this there whole life it’s soul destroying and debilitating.

Posted Sun 6 Feb 2022 16.14 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

@ Paddy. Hi Paddy, please register your reaction to the vaccine as listed above by Kevin if you haven't already. I am sure it is a shock to you, like at any age developing P. As far as treatment please contact your GP who will prescribe creams and lotions. If they fail then actively persue a refferal to a dermatologist. I fully understand how it affects you. Once you get something that either clears your P or gives you some relief then you should feel a little better in yourself. You may be lucky and it only be the single flare and control it well. If not you move on to other treatments. Speaking from my long term experience it is all about finding the right treatment, reduce stress, eating a healthy diet and learning to adapt and cope with it in life. I hope you get some relief and find the right treatment for you. There is a lot of help/information and and a community of good support on here.

Posted Sun 6 Feb 2022 17.52 by Paddymcc

@steview. Thank you for your response I have had it since August the dr has prescribed all of the different creams that he can, I am booked to see the dermatologist in April. Not sure how to react to the post I am a newbie and haven’t worked out how to use the site yet. How long does a flare up last.

Posted Sun 6 Feb 2022 18.27 by Ess S

@paddymcc I had severe psoriasis after my 1st pfizer vaccine back in june 2021 my flare lasted about 5mnths. I am almost clear of psoriasis now i just have a few pinky faded patches on my legs which are slowly going. All i used to clear my severe psoriasis was Cyclosporin tablets that the dermatologist prescribed me and a liquid paraffin for my skin thats it.

Posted Thu 8 Sep 2022 13.22 by Sea Fossil

Hi My name is Tom, I am 73 and a bit! I have had PS fopr last 22+ years. Creams, treatments been there. Did have ps free periods from 5 to 2 years. Recently I discovered my cousin has ps and she uses a moisturiser from Boots which is the most expensive one in the shop 'Aveeno,' she also uses the same brand body wash. She gets them on prescription, so I folllowed suit and managed to get a script from the docs. Now 10 days in and major change to my ps which is about 50% coverage, no more peeling lumps of skin! I also use Tresemme coconut shampoo and moisteriser. Its gonna take a while but will continue for however long it takes. The only thing that has 100% effect was UV but the nurse quit last October and they never found a replacement plus I was halfway thru a session. I have had three covid jabs the last was in October last in one arm and a flu jab in the other. My ps got worse but cant really say if it was the Pfizer or not. Before starting with the moisteriser a couple of weeks ago I gave up all sugar most notably fructose, as I always munched a lot of fruit. My ps started to improve so I then started the cream. Like alchohol the liver is put under pressure to process these compounds. Just a few blueberries/black/strawbs after dinner mixed with yoghurt. Iam sure UV would finish it off but my nearest clinic is 180 miles round trip!!! same to get a tooth out !! Hope this helps

Posted Thu 8 Sep 2022 20.00 by michmo

i never had the whiskey shot and never got covid.

Posted Fri 9 Sep 2022 22.14 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

@ michmo. Well done, you've either been lucky or been a hermit for two years.

To take part, sign in or register with us