TL01 Phillip's tubes - Canopy bed

Posted Wed 4 Aug 2021 14.51 by Ollybear

Hi everyone, Has anybody had any experience with Phillip's TLOI tube Canopy? The Phillips TLOI are the only tubes recognised by NHS dermatologist. I'm thinking of buying one; but they are exspensive. I suffer with Vitiligo and Psoriasis.

Posted Fri 6 Aug 2021 10.48 by euans

Have a look at this thread, plenty of info and experience in it from loads of people who have used the home units https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=1406&r=1&page=1

Posted Wed 11 Aug 2021 18.09 by Eddie

I bought one from MBS recently. I've had psoriasis for 20 years now and had uvb treatment in hospital on three separate occasions which did work but I felt they finished my treatment too early. I've had psoriasis more or less all over my body and splashed out on the 9 light canopy for over £2k. 7 Philips TL01 tubes and 2 upva tubes. I've had 10 sessions on it and the difference is unbelievable. It's great to have it there at your home instead of waiting 6 months to see a consultant and then 3 visits per week to hospital, finding a parking space...etc for a few seconds of treatment. Best money I've spent and it's lifted my spirit. I can go swimming now and not feel conscious of my condition. The sun always helps but in the UK we're kind of short of that so my advice would be, if you can afford one...go for it.

Posted Thu 12 Aug 2021 17.23 by Kate

Hi, I had been treated for psoriasis for 2years and finished a course of phototherapy at Lauriston hospital here in Edinburgh. It was amazing and I responded really well. Last year when all the phototherapy units closed during lockdown my husband bought me a Phillips 100w/TL01 UVB 9 tube Narrowband canopy .It was hardly out of the box when after a flare up and biopsy I was diagnosed with Sneddon Wilkinson disease. I was put on a drug called Adulimunibab which is an immune suppressant. Also no direct sunlight or UVB light for me!.So I have this canopy, only used a few times and wondered if anyone would be interested in buying it from me. I have all the paperwork etc from MBS. Happy to look at offers and help with any info needed.

Posted Fri 13 Aug 2021 15.36 by Ollybear

Hi; Very interested in your item. Are all the tubes working? Especially the TLOI? They cost a fortune to replace! What are you selling it for ? (Price). I am so sorry about your illness. Are you any better? Try and keep positive. Regards, Gill

Posted Fri 13 Aug 2021 16.11 by Kate

Hi Gill I am feeling quite a bit better now.I had a terrible reaction to Dapsone and really glad to be on the Adulimunibab although it's not the best time to be taking immune suppressant drugs. The canopy is really as new. I paid £1780 in May 2020. It is now £2430.You can check all the specs etc on the MBS website. If you are near Edinburgh you would be most welcome to come and have a look before committing to a price. Best Kate

Posted Fri 13 Aug 2021 18.40 by Ollybear (edited Wed 18 Aug 2021 15.47 by Ollybear)

Hi, First, you lucky thing living in Edinburgh! I adore Edinburgh.....try to go with my daughter (21) every year. I also have have Vitiligo - which is awful. I can get to Edinburgh from Lancashire. It's a wonderful excuse to see Edinburgh again! Regarding the MBS canopy, I can afford £900.00. Being as its second hand, that's not a bad price! Let me know and I can arrange to pick it up. Gill xx

Posted Sat 14 Aug 2021 09.34 by Kate

Hello again Gill , I would accept £900 for the unit. Thank you for the offer.I really would like to think of you getting some great results using it. I am just hitting 70 at the end of the month and my skin has only been a problem for the last three years. Vitiligo must be so difficult to cope with. I am going to get the unit out and make sure that everything is OK with it and then I will be in touch. Maybe then you can plan your trip. I don't have it advertised so don't worry about that. It might take my husband a few days to sort this for me. We have just recently moved to a flat and the unit is in the store room in the underground garage. Very best wishes Kate.

Posted Sat 14 Aug 2021 15.20 by Dave W

Hi Kate and Gill, If the sale falls through I would be interested. First dibs to Gill - I don't want to get into a bidding war. Cheers Dave

Posted Sat 14 Aug 2021 16.29 by Kate

OK Dave.I will be keep you in mind if Gill doesn't proceed.Best Kate

Posted Sun 15 Aug 2021 19.58 by Sam stone

Hi I'm going to purchase online canopy bed however there are two companies that sell them has anybody heard of this company https://narrowbandtherapy.com/product/canopy-9/ www.narrowbandtherapy.com

Posted Wed 18 Aug 2021 15.55 by Ollybear

Hi Kate, Hope you are well? I was thinking, when your ready for me to collect MBS Canopy, and please note there is no rush whatsoever, how do we swap addresses? Does this Forum allow Private Messages (PM)? Or do we go through email? I am not too good at Technology, I think its rather a case of - do not like Technology! But of course we need to use it! Anyway, keep positive. Gill xxx

Posted Thu 19 Aug 2021 11.09 by Kate

Hi Gill, I am sorry that it's taken me so long to get organised. We have had family staying for a big birthday celebration and we are just getting back to normal. We have the canopy in the flat now and I just have to get the stand up.I hadn't really thought of selling it but it's no use to me now. I thought about the exchange of info too. Better direct email I think. I will ask my daughter how to do it safely . Hope that you are enjoying the last of the summer. Weather has been surprisingly good this year in Edinburgh. Best Kate

Posted Thu 19 Aug 2021 11.54 by mascip

Hi everyone, By any chance would any of you be able to send me photos of the pages of the instruction manual, by email for example? That would help me a lot. Because of Brexit I cannot order a canopy to Portugal, but I found the light bulbs here and i will create my own structure to hold them. But I would like to read the manual to know better how to use the canopy properly. If you could help, thank you so much in advance. Pierre

Posted Fri 20 Aug 2021 14.12 by Kate

Hi Gilll, I don't know if I can send you a link to my email so that we can exchange details. If this doesn't work, perhaps if you give me your full name I could find you on Facebook. My surname is Miller. https://www.facebook.com/iankatemiller Best Kate. Ps canopy is all set now. Good as new

Posted Fri 20 Aug 2021 16.50 by Kate

Hello again Gill, that hasn't worked. Can quite understand privacy important. If you have a Facebook account then you may be easier to find than I am Very common name.I will try if you give me your full name and town. Best Kate

Posted Sat 21 Aug 2021 14.32 by Ollybear (edited Wed 25 Aug 2021 18.19 by Ollybear)

Hi Kate, Hope you are well and enjoyed the birthday bash! Good idea to use Facebook, then I could use Messenger? I will Facebook you tmw. I've had this horrible virus, Flu type, (not Covid!), still feeling quite ill. I have a low immune system, get every virus going around! My partner is off the middle two wks of September, we could come and collect Canopy then? And have a break in Edinburgh? Isn't it horrible getting older, I feel about 100 today and I'm only 61!! Gill Hi Kate, I will give you my email address so we can correspond better. It is: gilltaylor56@virginmedia.com Please email me and we can get the ball rolling. Hope you are well . Gill xxx

Posted Mon 23 Aug 2021 14.06 by Ollybear (edited Tue 24 Aug 2021 21.36 by Ollybear)

Hi Kate, Its Gill again. I think it's easier if you get my details via Facebook: I'm under: Gill Taylor (Chorley Lancashire) but it may come under Preston Lancashire UK. I dont use Facebook much at all: But if you look up my name : The picture next to my name will show a dog with a "dog collar- like a cone - dogs have them to stop them from biting a wound! Its relating to Covid - masks covering.....its a picture joke. Apologies for above; it's the best I can describe it!!.. Hope you find it! Can you please send via Messenger or WhatsApp please? Good luck. Gill

Posted Mon 23 Aug 2021 15.13 by mascip

Hi Kate and Gill, I sent you a message on Facebook. Good afternoon :-)

Posted Sat 28 Aug 2021 07.31 by Kate

Hello Gill, I have sent you an email this morning. I couldn't find you on Facebook I'm afraid. Details in my email. Best Kate

To take part, sign in or register with us