Cosentyx (secukinumab) treatment in UK

Posted Fri 27 Aug 2021 03.38 by Kayman

My wife is suffering from psoriasis over 20 years. We are currently living in Hong Kong and planning to move to live in UK next year. My wife is taking Cosentyx (secukinumab) injection every month in a private dermatologist in Hong Kong. The cost is around £500 per injection. Has anyone been taking Cosentyx (secukinumab) injection in private dermatologists in UK? How is the cost? Thank you very much.

Posted Fri 27 Aug 2021 09.32 by lizziep

I have no knowledge of it, but googled it and it seems to be available on the NHS. The cost to a NHS hospital is listed as £1218. Hope that helps. I should add that I have been told that due to backlogs, my NHS appointment with a dermatologist will be at least 12 months away. Privately I could be seen next week.

Posted Sat 20 Aug 2022 13.13 by sian_midget1998

if paying for in private doctor you will be paying more than what you pay now, where as if the hospital can get teh funding for you approved it will be comeing from the nhs. will be no cost to you, i am on this medication taht the hospital has got funding for due to the amount of treatment i have used and triedn and nothing works. im hoping this works for me as it been 15 years and i am now 24 year old and still cover head to toe.

Posted Mon 1 Apr 2024 22.15 by amich

I came across your post by chance. My mother is in a situation similar to your wife's. She is currently undergoing Cosentyx treatment in Hong Kong and is also planning to relocate to the UK in the future. Would you mind sharing more about your wife's psoriasis treatment experience in the UK? Are the costs generally higher compared to Hong Kong? I sincerely hope you both have a wonderful life in the UK :-)

To take part, sign in or register with us