Advice on how to cure psoriasis

Posted Tue 7 Jul 2015 18.34 by Taraperry
Stress related

Hi everyone, I am 16 years old and have had psoriasis since I was 8 years old. As I'm getting older it's getting worse and I'm very embarrest about it, especially now it's summer time. It stops me from doing everything I would like to do and my confidence has gone so low to the point were I don't want to get seen by my own family, would be very appreciated if anyone could give me tips and advice. Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 8 Jul 2015 16.17 by susyq5 (edited Sun 19 Jul 2015 21.56 by cdevega)
plaque psoriasis & psoriatic arthropathy

Hi I'm pretty sure everyone will say psoriasis can't be cured, sometimes it goes away for a time or even forever but it always has the potential to come back. The big problem is that the more you get stressed & worry about it the worse it seems to get. I agree that it can be embarrassing but personally I can think of worse things. That, I know doesn't seem to help you much. I'm still struggling for an answer myself as whatever I try only seems to work for a while. After years my best advice to you would be to moisturise, thoroughly & often. Bare you skin to the air as much as possible and follow whatever treatment your doctor advises for you. It will be trial & error and some things will work for you. You will learn over time and manage it as best you can. Other people will answer you post too and may make suggestions too. We can at least support each other.

Posted Fri 10 Jul 2015 11.12 by stefaniemj
i have been affected with psoriasis since i was 3 years old, i am now 24. i am now having a flare up and is unbearable!

Hiya, iv also had psoriasis since i was 3 years old, im now 23 and still have the psoriasis. Its a very big pain to live with more so in summer as you feel like you dont want to go out or wear what you want to wear! iv felt the same as you and still do till this day now after a massive flare up!. As your still young i think there are more treatments they can give you when your abit older im sure.. Please dont let it get you to down im sure it can only get better. Keep Moisturising! I hope you get it sorted really soon :) take care

Posted Sat 11 Jul 2015 19.03 by EQ

I've had psoriosis since I was 13, in the last two years it has got majorly worse and every time the sunshine comes I have a HUGE flare up but I've recently bought a new cream from boots called dermalex and its doing wonders for my psoriosis. The cream is non steroid but it's the best non steroid cream I have ever used! I would advise you to at least give it a try but like others have said moisturising is very important, I moisturise 5 times a day and use dermalex 3-4 times depending on work. I only started using dermalex on Monday and I have severe Plaque Psoriasis, I would recommend for anyone to try a long with Aveeno moisturiser and Dead Sea Salts from Boots! I'm 19 now and I got to the point doctors wanted to put me on Anti-Depressents due to stress and upset of how I look but using the above products have made me happier and even the pharmacists at Boots were amazed at the transformation in such short time. Try and let me know how you get on!

Posted Fri 21 Aug 2015 23.45 by J7d
Plaque psoriasis 30 yrs

I found a cure which has really worked for me after suffering from plaque psoriasis for 30 years, during which time I've tried every cream on the market. John Pagano - Healing Psoriasis, the Natural Alternative - the book is available on Amazon and elsewhere online. He explains the causes and a diet that is not as hard to follow as it first appears (I couldn't face the colonic irrigation or enema bits!). 14 months on I am almost clear of the disease and am confident that it will eventually go completely if I stick to the regime, which I intend to. I am on this for life, because it has changed my life! I really feel for all you young people who are feeling so desperate about this disease, but, however bleak it feels just now, get this book, read and see if it's for you - there can be a bright future with beautiful skin! Good luck and I hope it works for you as well as it has for me. I wish I'd discovered it 25 years ago!

Posted Mon 7 Sep 2015 07.34 by dougie
i have it all over my body

hi all diet IS the answer i have given up eating wheat altogether if it has wheat i aviod it also i have given up cows milk and use almond milk which lasts longer as far as im concerned cows milk is for cows i also have a nutri bullet and have a healthy smoothie most days which include fruits of the forest,spinach and carrot with other fruits including banana you can buy spinach and fruits frozen so they are fresh one other thing i do not drink tap water im sure that flouride is poison now the results of this prosess is my psoriasis is fading everywhere i believe if i keep this up it will go altogether i would definately recommend my fellow sufferers to give it a go it wont cost that much and could be the best thing ever let me know how your getting on god bless dougie

To take part, sign in or register with us