HELP

Posted Wed 1 Sep 2021 16.47 by The Itcher (edited Wed 1 Sep 2021 16.48 by The Itcher)

When will some medical experts take this awful torture seriously? I have been 'seen' and fobbed off by numerous so-called 'dermatologists' over the past three decades. All they do is prescribe horrible, greasy and totally ineffective gunge. Oh, and the humiliation of equally ineffective UV microwaving. I'm currently enduring my worst outbreak yet, all-over body flare-ups, even my feet. It's beyond itchy, it's really painful, red and inflamed. It's affecting my ability to think, sleep, work... so basically it's messing with my mental health as well. I have a scheduled appointment with yet another dermatologist on September 14 (which took ages to get). I have been advised to take a book or my laptop, which doesn't sound promising. HELP!

Posted Mon 6 Sep 2021 11.54 by PsoAdminMod

Hi The Itcher, I am Amber from the Psoriasis Association. We're sorry to hear you are struggling with your psoriasis at the moment and that you have not received the help you needed from dermatologists in the past. We would be very happy to provide you with some information regarding potential treatments ahead of your appointment on the 14th. We have a confidential helpline which you are very welcome to contact. You can reach us between 9am - 4pm, Monday - Friday. Please call on 01604 251 620, email at mail@psoriasis-association.org.uk or WhatsApp on 07387 716 439. I do hope this helps, Best Wishes, Amber, Psoriasis Association

To take part, sign in or register with us