Enstilar Steroid Foam

Posted Fri 24 Sep 2021 14.01 by Loubycee (edited Fri 24 Sep 2021 14.02 by Loubycee)

Hi all, I was impressed after using this for the first time. Had a break for 3 months but it did come back. I recall seeing someone ask about moisturiser that can be used and I hope this helps. I was prescribed to use 3 applications of a diprobase every day on top of using the foam/spray. I must say I hate the way the dipro feels but prefer the way I look when it clears up so have to deal with that to regain confidence on what I can wear. I do have to ask to anyone that uses enstilar, it it ok to be in the sun if applied? No words in the leaflets to mention. It's just before medication, I found minimal exposure to sunshine and lots of salt water (being in the sea) really helped too Best, Louisa

Posted Tue 28 Sep 2021 22.39 by Jackie

I also found Enstilar to be miraculous, I'm thrilled with the effect all over my body. I've also found the sun to help. Walking the dog in shorts and sleeveless top has made a definite difference. I mentioned it to my doctor and she agreed that sunshine helps so I'd say go for whatever works.

Posted Fri 28 Jan 2022 09.10 by Nickiopolis

Enstillar foam has made a big difference to my scalp psoriasis - although as with most of you,washing it out is a struggle but I'm coping! But can anyone advise as to once it's applied, how long should I leave it before washing my hair again? Thanks.

Posted Wed 2 Feb 2022 11.23 by LindsayV (edited Wed 2 Feb 2022 11.23 by LindsayV)

Ive just started this while waiting for a dermatology appointment and cant believe that it actually works My skin isnt itchy, is flat and calm looking. Ive been using for 2 weeks. Has anyone had any experience how long it lasts? I have guttate psoriasis and previously only UVB light treatment has worked Thanks

Posted Wed 2 Feb 2022 12.42 by Loubycee

I use it too it's incredible. It's hard to say how long it lasts as I tend use on alternate days with emollient in between Pleased it's working for you Louisa

Posted Sun 6 Feb 2022 21.26 by beth

Enstillar has helped on my psoriasis more than any other topical treatment. I started with daily use and over a few months worked my way down to once every 3 days (with emollient twice daily in between). In all of my time I hadn't been able to reduce frequency of treatment like that without a fast relapse. I'd be interested to hear more about how to get it to help with scalp psoriasis. I wasn't prescribed it for scalp, and my scalp is still terrible, and wasn't sure whether it was a good idea, or how to get it to work well with long/thick hair.

Posted Mon 7 Feb 2022 17.08 by Loubycee

HI, it can be used on the scalp but you try washing it out - though it's definitely worth it. Try your best to put in on the scalp only and not the lengths of hair. Goes without saying but it works, just makes you feel greasy for a bit. I put it on over night, and sleep with my head on a clean towel. Then just takes a few shampoo applications to remove it

To take part, sign in or register with us