Scalp Psoriadis -Silicone scalp brush & treatment

Posted Mon 27 Sep 2021 18.13 by Lynsey

I urge everyone to try a silicone scalp brush !! I have had scalp/body psoriasis for 37 years the silicone brush is helping me so much to remove scale on my scalp without scratching !! I have only just started using it so it is early days but already having great results and it is saving me so much time & effort. Before I used to remove soft scale gently with a nit comb but sometimes this caught my scalp this is much better . I try to use only organic & natural products especially shampoo & oils as hate to think of all the chemicals from prescription medications I've put on my poor skin over the years, I've tried quite alot as you can imagine !! Coconut oil is very good for loosening scale if you can tolerate it. You can add a few drops of tea tree & calendula essential oil or other like camomile whatever suits your skin, everyone is different) Other oils like virgin olive oil etc can be used If you cannot tolerate coconut this is also very moistursing. Use oil on washed hair or wet scalp as will work better and oil will spread easier. Massage with scalp brush, cover with shower cap & old towel & leave on for at least an hour if possible to overnight if scale is really built up, I am adding some neem oil to my coconut oil at the moment as have heard it is very beneficial ..... try not to pick at it when you take the shower cap off (this is always so hard for me !) Use the brush to exfoliate away the loose skin when it is softened !! Then use brush again when applying shampoo to wash out . Always wash hair with cool water not hot so not to irritate your scalp this also helps remove the oil easier. Here is nother remedy I use to help remove subtle scale. Mix 1 to 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar with 5 tbsp water in a squeezy bottle with a few drops of essential oil for scalp health (optional) ie. tea tree, camomile, clary sage, rosemary (there are many more ) and a squirt of your chosen shampoo shake it up and apply to scalp do not get into eyes this will sing. Lather up with silicone brush and leave for 5 to 15 mins use the brush again to exfoliate softened scale and rinse thoroughly. Do not use apple cider vinegar on broken or bleeding skin and if it burns wash out immediately . Condition only ends of hair. I wash my hair once before this treatment to help soften scales quicker. Do this a few days after the oil treatment to keep scale from building up. Sometimes I do the apple cider vinegar then the oil treatment straight afterwards and leave overnight if I have time. Seems alot of work but I only do this once a week sometimes twice if I have an event to go to when I want a clear scalp. Really hope this information will help others with scalp psoriasis, think it could be a game changer for me. I am going to purchase a vibrating waterproof battery operated device soon as think this could be ever better ! For an added bonus it also is supposed to help with general scalp & hair health and promotes new growth too !! Sorry I know this post is long tried to include everything. Will try and answer any questions quickly if anyone has any ! Thank you & good luck everyone xx

Posted Thu 30 Sep 2021 23.13 by Jazz

thanks so much this sounds super helpful I'm really excited to try it! for the vinegar you use, I've also found that doing a vinegar wash can be super helpful in clearing the scalp. but I was told that for thinner hair white vinegar is much better to use as its not as strong. and will burn less.

To take part, sign in or register with us