Phototherapy on hands and feet

Posted Mon 4 Oct 2021 14.45 by Moggy1

After being told there was a possible 39 week waiting list for phototherapy and expecting to have to wait until next year I have received a phone call to say I can start tomorrow. All of a sudden I feel very nervous . Would be interested to hear other peoples experience. My main question is can I drive after having the treatment ? Thanks everyone

Posted Mon 4 Oct 2021 15.05 by SuD62

Hi, I had psoriasis on the palms of my hands and soles of feet. Eventually offered phototherapy which did improve it but then back to all the steroid creams etc Yes you can drive after treatment. The best thing I found which has worked for me is The Body Shop Hemp Handcream, I would put it lavishly on my hands and feet at night and wear cotton gloves and socks, it took a while to notice a difference but at the moment it has cleared it up completely 😀. Good luck with your treatment.

Posted Mon 4 Oct 2021 15.58 by Moggy1

Thank you for replying SuD62 When you say “ then back to steroids creams “ etc do you mean straight after treatment or did you have a break when just moisturising. I am desperate for a break from the constant round of creams and time spent examining my hands and feet It’s such a big time commitment but I feel I really need to give it a chance

Posted Mon 4 Oct 2021 17.03 by SuD62

The phototherapy didn't clear my hands and feet entirely, after a couple of weeks I started using steroid cream again. You may have a better outcome. I got to the point where anything prescribed didn't really help that much my palms were splitting and sore. My 2 brothers also have psoriasis and one of them recommended the Body Shop Hemp Cream, interestingly all 3 of us didn't start with this till we reached our mid 50's and we have all had great results with this cream.

Posted Mon 4 Oct 2021 22.21 by Moggy1

Thank you and will buy some I to started with psoriasis in my mid 50s after I had covid and it really flared after flu jab. Covid vaccine also caused major flares Nervous about having vaccinations this winter but know I will have to have them. Thanks again I will keep you up to date

Posted Mon 18 Oct 2021 13.13 by Moggy1

Had my first two phototherapy sessions last week . 1st 25 seconds 2nd 50 seconds. Obviously to early to see results it taking 3 hours per treatment including travel so very time consuming so fingers and toes crossed for good results On a positive note met a lady who had treatment and has been clear for 10 years and it’s only just flared since she had covid last year. Hope everyone is doing ok . Keep positive 😊

Posted Wed 20 Oct 2021 16.42 by Nik

Phillips UVB Canopy with 9 Philips TL01 Narrowband Tubes Hi Everyone, I've been suffering from psoriasis for the last 14 years. UVB hospital sessions had been the only way I was able to keep my skin clear. During the pandemic I had bought the canopy described above for home use, but within a week of me buying the machine I had an appointment with my dermatologist who switched me over to a biologic drug Taltz because I had also been suffering from joint pains. The canopy is in immaculate condition, I have only used it over a period of one week and is currently listed for £2340 on the MBS website. I'd be happy to sell this to anyone whose interested for £2000 given its literally brand new. Please email me on nbehar@sky.com if interested. Many Thanks Nik

To take part, sign in or register with us