Probiotics

Posted Sat 30 Oct 2021 15.01 by SueTu

Has anyone found probiotics helpful and if so which ones? I am becoming less responsive to topical steroid based treatments as the years go by and am trying to find alternatives to at least try. My extensive google "research" today came up with a couple of possibilities: lactobacillus sporogenes probiotic bifidobacterium infantis 35624 probiotic and I also stumbled across a product recently developed and marketed but which does not specify the gut bacteria used: https://axisbiotix.com/ Has anyone had good results from specific probiotics and/or the axisbiotix food supplement? Thanks!

Posted Sat 30 Oct 2021 15.59 by bargainlovingmum

Great question. I saw that axisbiotix one, too, but it looks expensive. I'm trying a Hanna Sillitoe probiotics liquid just now. My tummy feels better on it, but not sure yet if it's helping my psoriasis... I've just started glutamine powder at night before bed, too, as it's gut healing. Looking forward to learning more. All the best with it all.

1 Posted Tue 2 Nov 2021 08.05 by Chrissy

From what research I've done, the AxisbiotixPs probiotic looks very promising. It's a food supplement and the results from the consumer study they carried out earlier this year are quite amazing. I don't see it's that expensive, if it works. From their website, they have a launch special offering of one month free if you purchase one month. So currently 'half price' to give it a go. Looks good!

1 Posted Wed 3 Nov 2021 01.19 by Chrissy

If it's allowed to put a link to the US National Psoriasis Foundation website, there's a podcast that has just been added about the science behind Axisbiotix at https://www.psoriasis.org/watch-and-listen/change-in-gut-health-could-impact-your-skin/ for those interested in further information.

1 Posted Wed 10 Nov 2021 16.21 by chris22

I would agree that axisbiotix is expensive if it doesn't work but if it significantly helps the symptoms of psoriasis sufferers then at less than the price of a daily coffee it is fantastic value for money. Good luck Chrissy and in 2 months time please post your impressions good or bad and lets see who has called this correctly. The reviews of real users will be coming in soon and my bet is that 70 per cent of users finding relief will be up to 80 or more which would be fantastic.

1 Posted Thu 11 Nov 2021 15.35 by Jackie68

I have subscribed to the Axisbiotix supplement and have been taking it for 8 days and I love it! I have seen such a change in my skin but also my digestion is better and I am no longer itching and my skin isn't cracking anymore. I was very sceptical at first but I must say that its a God send!

Posted Thu 19 Jan 2023 23.11 by Steve - 63 from Shropshire

Just took my first dose I am living in hope but as with all other treatments I have found nothing really works I will keep in touch and let you know how it goes because we are all in is together trying to find something that works

Posted Sat 21 Jan 2023 22.24 by Davro77

Programme on uk morning Tv Wednesday or Thursday 19th Jan with Dr saying Kefir product from supermarkets had helped a person overcome psoriasis. Have used Kefir drink last 2 days I’ll see how it goes!?!?

Posted Sun 22 Jan 2023 12.16 by bargainlovingmum

Definitely please keep us posted everyone who is trying these probiotic things! I've not found one particular thing yet that helps, and I've tried a couple. Would love to learn and hear more, though.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 2023 12.45 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Tue 24 Jan 2023 09.02 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Davro77: I have not tried kefir specifically for psoriasis, and not noticed any particular benefit to my psoriasis, but currently my psoriasis is not too bad. However, if you want to try using kefir I would suggest that you buy the starter cultures and make your own, rather than buy it in supermarkets. Just one example company that sell this is called Nourish Kefir, but you can find many options if you search online. It is very easy and straightforward to use cultures to make your own kefir and much cheaper than shop bought, All you need in addition is milk and suitable containers.

Posted Fri 3 Feb 2023 09.36 by Gekko

Me and a fellow psoriatic tried the Axisbiotic daily probiotic for two months. Unfortunately it made no difference to our P. Of course everyone's biome/genetics is different, and for some it might be the silver bullet.

Posted Thu 26 Oct 2023 11.15 by Danydich (edited Mon 30 Oct 2023 11.22 by Danydich)

It's tough when you're becoming less responsive to your current treatments. I've heard good things about the lactobacillus sporogenes and bifidobacterium infantis 35624 probiotics. It's always a good idea to try different strains and see what works best for your body. As for Axisbiotix, it's essential to know what's in it.

1 Posted Thu 26 Oct 2023 11.20 by Jackie68

I use AxisBiotix and it's worked incredibly well for me. I understand that everyone is different but it works for me.

To take part, sign in or register with us