Tremfya

Posted Fri 7 Jan 2022 07.25 by Functionalfool

I'm brand new to this forum so first of all...hello everyone! I'm a 41/m and have had psoriatic arthritis for about 10 years and plague psoriasis for like 15 years. I didn't finally get properly diagnosed until about 4 years ago. I have what some ppl refer to as Cadillac insurance through my employer so cost of medication is not relevant to me. I'm not saying that to brag, I'm saying it to get advice from you guys and I don't want cost of medication to be an issue. I have been on Otezla for little over 2 years and it pretty much worked. It's a 2x daily pill and if you miss 1 dose you feel it. If you miss 2-3 doses...bad shit starts too happen! It.started to not work so great recently, so I looked into something stronger and got my first shot of Tremfya yesterday. So here are my questions for you guys... What is the general consensus in the psoriatic arthritis community about Tremfya? How long does it ACTUALLY take to work (I read the drug info but I find it hard to believe it takes 8 weeks to start working)? Here is my primary question...I have an entire bottle of Otezla left, should I continue to take them even though Tremfya is technically in my body? My hands will literally get so bad I can't work if I stop Otezla before the Tremfya kicks in! What should I do? Sorry this is so long and please respond if you have any answers to my questions, or if you have any questions for me that I can answer!

To take part, sign in or register with us