Fatigue and tiredness

Posted Wed 26 Jan 2022 12.36 by Samuzza (edited Fri 18 Feb 2022 14.28 by Samuzza)

Is there a difference between fatigue and tiredness? My psoriasis is mainly on my hands. My rheumatologist thinks I have psoriatic arthritis too. I have aches and pains, but not much inflammation. I’m a 44 year-old male. However, the symptom which is affecting me the most at the moment is fatigue/tiredness. I often have no energy or motivation in the morning; if I don’t have to work, I’ll often fall asleep on the sofa within an hour of waking up. I start to feel better as the day goes on, but then feel down because I’ve wasted the morning. I’m also on Zoloft for depression, which might be complicating things. What things have helped you to overcome fatigue/tiredness? Have any systemic medications helped you with your fatigue/tiredness?

Posted Wed 26 Jan 2022 16.44 by lizziep

Hi Samuzza - If you look under the General Chat thread, you will see see discussion on this in a thread called Psoriasis and Fatigue.

Posted Thu 27 Jan 2022 04.32 by Samuzza

Cheers. Useful link. Have people found that systemic medications (e.g. MXT and biologics) have helped them with related health conditions? I take medication for depression and panic disorder (Zoloft), and high cholesterol (Livalo). My thinking is if psoriasis is the underlying cause, then effective treatment for my psoriasis might mean I can stop taking the other mediations. Any experiences or thoughts?

Posted Thu 27 Jan 2022 09.17 by lizziep (edited Thu 27 Jan 2022 09.20 by lizziep)

Hi Samuzza - I don't have any answers for you personally, but I typed 'Fatigue' into the search at the top and went into Forums and there are loads of older threads. Perhaps one of those might help? Also read the post on sleepiness under the Arthritis heading. Best Wishes.

Posted Fri 28 Jan 2022 13.28 by Samuzza

Thanks again 🙏

Posted Sun 30 Jan 2022 09.36 by june13

Hi Samuzza- tiredness and fatigue can be tied to depression. People feel depressed when they feel they have no control. And of course psoriasis has a mind of its own and is hard to control. I find that exercise- even if just walking- can really change your life. Try to be productive and surround yourself with good people. Be kind to yourself. Good luck.

To take part, sign in or register with us