Pustular psoriasis

Posted Tue 22 Feb 2022 13.27 by josiecooney630@gmail.com

Hi I have had Pustular psoriasis for a year now still under treatment at the hospital with tablets and creams but not working very painful and itchy whole of my body covered. Any suggestions

Posted Tue 22 Feb 2022 13.50 by Moggy1

So sorry to hear things are bad for you at the moment. I have been suffering with pustules psoriasis on my hands and feet and have been receiving phototherapy treatment for the last 4 months. I was told initially it would be between 6 and 12 weeks . It’s been a big commitment and very time consuming but I am now 90% clear and hoping I will have a good time in remission. Have the hospital not offered you this treatment ? Do you know what caused the flare up I believe Covid caused mine. No skin problems and had a small flare during phototherapy treatment when I had my covid booster which made treatment last longer. Hope you find something to help 😊

Posted Tue 22 Feb 2022 17.02 by josiecooney630@gmail.com

Thank you for your reply. I have not been offered Phototherapy, just steroid cream and Methotrexate. I used to suffer with Acne when I was a child until I was 40 and on medication for it. I am 73 now and apparently that is what has caused the problem with the Psoriasis. It is very painful and sore, having a Video Appointment with my dermatologist on 9th March so will mention the Phototherapy.

To take part, sign in or register with us