Nizoral Shampoo

Posted Sun 13 Mar 2022 12.28 by Janet

Hi, I am 66 years old have scalp psoriasis which is getting progressively worse. I've tried several shampoos but nothing has helped. I have been given steroid lotions from the doctor but I am reluctant to use them. My son is getting married in 3 weeks time and I am wearing a light coloured outfit so the flakes won't show! I have read that Nizoral Antidandruff shampoo is quite effective - has anyone got any feedback for this please. Thank you!

Posted Sun 13 Mar 2022 12.47 by lizziep (edited Sun 13 Mar 2022 12.49 by lizziep)

Hi Janet - I feel for you! in your shoes I would use the steroid creams for the next three weeks, you can always stop after the wedding. I don't know that particular shampoo myself, but have found anti-dandruff shampoos do help - there are a lot of suggestions in various threads on here, but time is a bit short for you - but you could explore them later. I hope you have a wonderful day - I am sure you won't think about your scalp as you will be enjoying it too much. Type scalp into the search on the front page. and go into forums and you will find a lot of help on those threads.

Posted Sun 13 Mar 2022 14.11 by Janet

Thank you for replying and your good wishes. Yes, I am going to use the steroid creams for a week before the wedding to calm things down and reduce the redness on my forehead but I know it will just come zooming back. You are right I probably won;t give it a thought on the day.

Posted Mon 14 Mar 2022 11.22 by lizziep

I know you will have a good day. Your hair will cover your psoriasis.

To take part, sign in or register with us