Immuno supressant and COVID

Posted Sat 2 Apr 2022 11.44 by lizziep (edited Sat 2 Apr 2022 12.36 by lizziep)

Finally. finally I have got an appointment with dermatology after waiting 14 months. In March 2020 I took myself off Skilirence when I panicked after getting a 'shielding' letter. Now I have had COVID and am about to get my 4th vaccination. I've used Enstialr foam but of course it keeps coming back. Ive tried blueberries, diet and AxisBiotix - none of which made any noticeable difference. Now I have to decide - do I go back on something or do I make do with the natural remedies. Dilemma! What decisions have others made? Are any treatments preferable to others re COVID?

Posted Sun 3 Apr 2022 21.26 by bargainlovingmum

Hi Lizzie - I totally relate to what you are saying. I'm in a very similar boat. Sorry I'm not coming in with any useful advice, but I'm interested what others have to say. Thanks for asking the good questions. The new thing I've added to my health care is acupuncture. Only had two sessions so far. However, as psoriasis can be so stress-related, I figured I'd try acupuncture as it can help with calming/relaxation etc. I'm also staying off booze and trying still to eat more fruit and veg, as I figure it might help, too. I'm not sticking to a strict diet, though, as it was too limiting for me and I love food.

Posted Mon 4 Apr 2022 08.50 by lizziep (edited Mon 4 Apr 2022 08.50 by lizziep)

Hi Bargainlovingmum. I've been trying diet, too, not drinking and giving up all carbohydrates - no change yet, sigh. Hopefully the dermatologists have looked into my question and have some advice! I've often been tempted by acupuncture - I have back pain too - I might give it a go. Let me know if it does anything for you.

Posted Wed 6 Apr 2022 18.42 by bargainlovingmum

Hiya Lizzie - I'll definitely let you know if acupuncture helps. That'd be great if it helped your psoriasis and back at the same time! It's definitely helped my anxiety go down a bit, and I've only had those 2 sessions so far. All the very best with diet things. I just read a good book "Food is not medicine" by Dr Joshua Wolrich, and it made me really question some of the diet restrictions I tried recently. It's made me feel much freer about food and enjoy just enjoying it - without worry or guilt I was harming myself and making my psoriasis worse. He also says how important carbs are, so if you go back to carbs, don't feel bad as apparently we need them! All the very best to you :)

To take part, sign in or register with us