Psoriasis on nipple?!!!

Posted Mon 18 Apr 2022 22.01 by Jlpmc1319

Has anyone ever experienced psoriasis on their nipple and just one 1 nipple .... I stupidly and innocently googled it and I am making myself sick with worry. I can’t eat or sleep or function because the results on every page were basically cancer cancer cancer especially if only on one nipple!! I have freaked out . I’ve suffered psoriasis for years on scalp And in ears. I’m 30 years old and I’m so scared. I have been to my gp who prescribed a mild steroid cream that did nothing. They have refered me but the current wait is 7 weeks I can’t carry on like this for 7 weeks I feel physically ill with worry

Posted Tue 19 Apr 2022 14.37 by OhNo_NotAgain?

If you have psoriasis on one nipple there is absolutely NO reason it should be on both nipples. Psoriasis does not work like that.

Posted Tue 19 Apr 2022 15.52 by Jlpmc1319

That’s what I keep telling myself but then stupid google says eczema psoriasis etc normally affect both not just one. I’m literally doing my own head in!!

Posted Fri 22 Apr 2022 02.45 by Mary1968

Settle It is quite normal to have psoriasis on just one nipple or on one breast. However, it may just be a fungal thrush infection, which are very common. Go to the doctor, have them checked, and they will probably give you a cream if psoriasis or some antibiotics if a fungal infection. Google is good for finding out different alternative treatments, but a bit of a minefield if trying to self diagnose

Posted Wed 12 Jul 2023 09.28 by Sickofpsoriasis

Hi there, Can I ask how this turned out? It’s happening to me and I am now googling it with extreme worry too…. :(

Posted Wed 12 Jul 2023 19.11 by heartofmine2001 (edited Wed 12 Jul 2023 19.12 by heartofmine2001)

Hello! I’ve definitely experienced having psoriasis on breasts/nipples. It’s amazing the places spots decide to surface at.. In my experience spots pop up on opposing sides of your body sometimes. Almost to the exact place. It’s called the Koebner phenomenon, many people with psoriasis have it. It’s very likely it could spread to your other nipple in/around the same place the first spot came in at. I’d talk to your doctor about switching treatments

Posted Fri 14 Jul 2023 10.51 by Sickofpsoriasis

Thanks for your reply I have never had any treatment for that area as it’s pretty new. I’ve had psoriasis for 12 years now :( Guess I’ll use a mild steroid. Never find that anything else is recommended for sensitive areas .

Posted Tue 15 Aug 2023 11.28 by Sandra Dorothy
Hello! i am sandra dorothy makeup artist and currently living in uk

It can occur in various locations on the body, including the nipples. Psoriasis on the nipples is not uncommon, and it can sometimes manifest on just one nipple.

Posted Tue 15 Aug 2023 23.53 by Sickofpsoriasis

Ok thanks so much for that! I still haven’t bothered to go and ask a gp. Appreciate the comment.

To take part, sign in or register with us