New member reaching out for guidance and advice

Posted Mon 2 May 2022 12.54 by johnwooly

Hi Folks new user here but suffered with P for over 15 years now. Anyway, tried all systemic treatments and had restarted MTX injections. After a bout of quite serious chest infections I was forced to take a break. this has caused rebound. I am managin it with urea cream until i see consultant in May but......... Perianal breakout is extreme, and the pain is so severe its making me light headed, spending most of the day in agony. really struggling to cope, and very scared to go to the toilet as the pain is unbearable. I am using a hemerroid cream after movements with lidocaine to treat the skin being broken and the pain it causes. Am looking to see if anyone has any advice thank you for taking the time to read this.

Posted Mon 2 May 2022 12.58 by SharonG

Oh poor you. How about Vaseline before a movement? Don’t let it dry out - I swear by Vaseline.

Posted Thu 7 Jul 2022 17.08 by Lainey
Hey, I suffered with this when I was 25 but luckily I got cream and cleared it. I'm 51 now and it's flared up again...really getting me down

I had it for 1st time when I was 25, luckily got some Indian cream and it worked within 2 wks.....I've had it on my elbows but hardly noticeable.... I'm now 51 and it's flared up again big time...my arms and legs are covered....its now summer and I can't get my legs out as I'm so embarrassed with it... really getting me down...everyone who suffers I really feel for as it really gets u down....

Posted Thu 30 Mar 2023 19.38 by Ntsh

Vaseline would be a good try but you MUST, at all times, keep the area very clean, wash with something gentle not to irritate even more. Vaseline is very good for the skin but when it interacts with bacteria… in can cause a hell of a mess. Vaseline can help the skin heal but it can also favor a nasty infection if skin is not kept clean. If you try, please give feedback.

To take part, sign in or register with us