Holidaying with psoriasis

Posted Sun 8 May 2022 23.48 by ailsafern

Hello all, I’m new here and wondering if you could share experiences of going on holiday… Am going on holiday in a couple of weeks. SUPER anxious about going swimming/wearing swimsuit or even shorts due to a horrendous psoriasis flare. I’ve just recently come off another course of topical steroid (stopped maybe 3/4 weeks ago), but feel I need something to settle it…at least for the holiday. Maybe sounds very vain but I’m so self conscious and I feel absolutely disgusting. Zero confidence. I’m not sure if it’s possible for psoriasis, but had anyone had short courses of oral steroids for this? I’ve had them before for arthritis side of things when going on holiday before. Arthritis symptoms completely under control but never had such a horrendous psoriasis flare. Hoping the sun might help. But don’t feel confident enough to get my skin out in the first place… Do you have any holiday tips? Thanks.

Posted Sun 15 May 2022 00.13 by Mary1968

Hello Sunshine and saltwater is certainly known to be helpful for psoriasis If you are in the water then nobody can see your skin, so no need to feel self conscious Nobody is going to be watching you sunbathe either And when walking around the beach or resort, you can wear a light full body covering such as a sarong or kaftan.

To take part, sign in or register with us