Palmoplanter Pustulosis

Posted Fri 20 May 2022 11.20 by KarenH
Long time sufferer now diagnosed with PPP

Hi, new here and was wanting a bit of advice. Recently diagnosed with PPP and was using Dovobet for 3 months. No real improvement and now been prescribed Enstilar. However leaflet says not to use Enstilar on Pustular psoriasis!! Has anyone used it or have any advice? Muchly appreciated.

Posted Fri 20 May 2022 11.32 by lizziep

I use Enstllar foam,, as do may of us on here, but not for Pustular Psoriasis. I find the pharmacist to be a wealth of information and happy to give advice - have you thought of asking them?

Posted Fri 20 May 2022 11.39 by KarenH
Long time sufferer now diagnosed with PPP

Thank you LizzieP, It was only when I got home and read the leaflet, that I saw it says not to use on pustuler psoriasis.

Posted Fri 20 May 2022 11.41 by lizziep (edited Fri 20 May 2022 11.41 by lizziep)

Yes, sure - but I'm sure your local pharmacist would give advice without saying 'did you get them here?'!

Posted Tue 24 May 2022 14.46 by cinematic101

I've just started using Enstilar for PPP. I'm on week two and I'm pleased to say that I'm noticing quite a big improvement. I don't seem to be getting the pustules appearing anymore, my skin isn't as red or getting as thick as it was. I guess the the company says not to use it on pustules because of the risk of absorption of calcipotriol. My pustules were under the skin. For me, I don't think using a small amount on my thumb, palm and foot each night would cause much of an issue. The PPP was really getting me down but as this seems to be working at the mo i'll take my chance.

To take part, sign in or register with us