Struggling at the moment

Posted Mon 30 Nov 2015 04.24 by MartinJS
No confidence, especially with women. Feeling like I'm being stared at and overlooked. Tried a few treatments with limited success, none of

I've had psoriasis since childhood, but it seems to be worse than ever. I'm typing this at 4AM because I can't sleep because of the itching. It's been weeks since I've had an unbroken night's sleep.My bathroom is full of so many creams I've tried - Diprosalic and Dovobet are fine for short term use, Hydromol at least keeps the skin moisturised, Cicalfate has been an expensive failure so far, Dead Sea Salts do help with the itching but aren't cheap. Also tried removing gluten and dairy from my diet to no avail (though, when I now eat gluten I notice diarrhea, so I may have to cut that out all the same). Waiting for an appointment with the dermatologist after leaving that a bit too long (my fault). The skin on my privates is so bad that I can't pursue a relationship, let a promising one slip through not so long ago and she's taken now. Customers in the shop I work in have complained, though management have been supportive. Very fed up, during one bad day recently I was genuinely thinking I'm fortunate to live so near a popular suicide spot.

Posted Sun 24 Apr 2016 11.00 by Mary (edited Mon 25 Apr 2016 07.10 by RichWhit)

Hi Martin, I am sorry to see that you don't seem to have had any replies to your post. I hope things are a little better now. Perhaps you have now seen a dermatologist and received some help? I only have psoriasis on my scalp (which is bad enough) although it seems to be spreading below my hairline now. I can only imagine how awful it must be if you have it more extensively. Outrageous that customers in your shop have complained - they must be ignorant and narrow minded. Hope to hear that things have improved for you since your post in November.

To take part, sign in or register with us