Tonsilitis

Posted Wed 16 Dec 2015 10.23 by gillfeb77@aol.co.uk
Had it for twenty odd years

Has brought me out in head to toe psoriasis, ive always had it oin my scalp and a few patches of it, but this is chronic my doc couldnt tell me what it was, thank goodness for google, wasnt hard to find out about it, has anyone had any experience and advise, its driving me mad..

Posted Wed 17 Feb 2016 22.45 by AnastasiaGrace
I have had psoriasis since i was a baby and i am now 20. It has been hard but i was in remission for 5 years after phototherapy, however it

Hi, this comment might be a little late now as a few months have passed but tonsilitus is my trigger also. I was born with the condition and am now 20 years old, but as a child tonsilitus always made the flare ups considerably worse. I'll assume if we have the same trigger we probably have the same type and possibly the same treatments may work too! When I was 13 I had the UVB light therapy which cleared it up completely, not a spot or dot left! Unforunately I contracted tonsilitus the following year causing another full body break out, i was put straight back into light therapy and was in remission for 5 years untill about 6 months ago when i once again got tonsilitus and it came back. I had almost forgotten i was even a sufferer having gone so long without the symptoms. I have started my light therapy again this week and hopefully that will sort it out again! In between being able to get the treatment because the NHS is so incredably slow... i use dovobet steroid cream on my body twice a week, diprobase moisturiser everyday all over, caprisol shampoo and betnovate scalp steroid lotion which all helps to keep the redness/itchiness under control. If it helps also sleeping pills and anti-histimin tablets can keep the itch away and help you get throught those sleepless nights! Im currently fighting to have my tonsils removed as i have heard that studies show for people who have this particular trigger removing them a) stops flare ups and b) can actually clear the psoriasis by itself... however the nhs is reluctant because unfortunately they dont suffer with the condition and probably dont care... if i do get my tonsils out i'll be sure to let you know if it has any effect! Hope some of this helps you and best of luck xx

Posted Tue 26 Jul 2016 01.33 by gillfeb77@aol.co.uk
Had it for twenty odd years

Thanks for the reply after 9 months its chronic, and tomorow i start my light therapy i cant wait, this is taking over my life

To take part, sign in or register with us