Living in Berkshire... with Scalp Psoriasis

Posted Sun 24 Apr 2016 10.50 by Mary

I live in Bracknell, Berkshire and have psoriasis over the whole of my scalp. It seems it is beginning to spread beyond my hairline now. I developed this as a small patch on top of my head almost two years ago and it has continued to spread during that time. I know I am very lucky that I don't have psoriasis anywhere else. I am also fortunate that I reached the age of 49 before getting this horrible condition. Being female, I found it very, very tough when a lot of my hair fell out 6 months ago and my red, scaly, sore scalp was visible to all. I was very very low. My hair has started to grow back now which has made coping with this disease easier. I try to stay positive and not let psoriasis affect my life but I do feel quite alone with it. When out anywhere I always end up looking at other people's heads and only ever see a normal, healthy scalp which makes me feel I'm really on my own with this. If there is anyone who lives near me with this condition, it would help to know I'm not the only one in the town/county with this horrible scalp! Please do get in touch, but especially if you happen to live in Berkshire. Thanks.

Posted Mon 25 Apr 2016 07.19 by jperry (edited Tue 26 Apr 2016 16.48 by Nounou25)
Since I lost my job last year I've got patches on the legs and arms. I have squama on the ski head as well.

Hello, I can understand your point and how you feel completely as i have scalp psoriasis...since my teenage years ! Im actually in my thirties now. The funny thing about it is that all my friends knew that I was always fashioned wearing the latest hats models that was on the market and that was fashion. When you have scalp psoriasis, dermatologists and people recommends that you don't keep your hair long. Quite difficult if short hair doesn't fit to your physiognomy! In my case i left them not too short, neither too long, I made this to enable the patches when they fall to remain some time in my hair before landing off my shoulder. I did not used at no time to put black clothes on me...NO WAY! Now i'm completely free of scalp psoriasis as i used a dermatological shampoo called Pso Natura. its very good tu use as all itchings are off after second day of utilisation. For sure, I cannot t ell you that I no more have scalp psoriasis, that would be false. When im stressed, I often get itchings of the scalp and this makes me get patches and scars back. But as soon as I get back to my treatment it goes off. So its of great use and i always make sure i have a shampoo in my bathroom in case of. Other tips, you mus as well make a scalp massage before sleeping with Almond essential oil or Eucalyptus Essential oil. This will enhance moisturizing of your scalp during the night and you can wash with your shampoo the other day. Hope I have helped you. You can get back for any other tips and tricks. William

To take part, sign in or register with us