Psoriasis in private parts? Help!

Posted Sat 18 Jun 2022 11.54 by veganmama1995

So for the past few years I've had itching down below (I'm a woman) it feels like it's ok the inside not the outside of my vagina (labia bit) it's dry and red and itchy every day I also gave birth to my second child a year ago and I'm still breast pumping so it could be dry because of that aswell but I had these issues before having my baby I'm going to ring the doctor on Monday but have been scared to do so as I suffer with health anxiety aswell has anyone else had these symptoms down below? It's itchy every day and really brings me down sometimes this morning I woke up and had a little cut next to my clitoris I'm not sure what my problem is but have put it down to psoriasis I just want to know if anyone else has this thanks

Posted Sat 18 Jun 2022 12.05 by SharonG

Sounds like thrush try canasten cream.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 2022 12.27 by veganmama1995

@sharonG it's not thrush I've been tested for that 3/4 times at the doctor's with swabs it's never come back as thrush I've even treated it myself as thrush and hasn't gone away

Posted Sat 18 Jun 2022 12.30 by SharonG

So the swab test hasn’t identified it? I would go back to Gp for further investigation - so sorry that you are suffering 😞

Posted Sun 19 Jun 2022 02.21 by JamesFoster

Genital psoriasis is common. It is easily confused for a fungal infection (but that will respond to anti fungal creams and has an unpleasant musky smell) or dermatitis/eczema. In my case parts of genitals sometimes look red. and there maybe very fine silver layer on top. It is nearwhere near as thick as silver scales on my scalp or knees or elbows. But the skin is much much thicker in those areas anyway. So it is like a rash. Does it itch or sting? A hydrocortisone cream (HC45) is the first line drug.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 2022 13.42 by veganmama1995

@jamesfoster yeah it definitely isn't thrush etc as I've been tested for that at least 4 times and nothing ever came back I've even used thrush pessaries and cream and it didn't go away sometimes it gets red down there but can't see any scales as it's on the inner bit not the outer bit with the hair I have seen a scale before down there but can't see it now but yes it is itchy and stings I don't itch it though I am just putting coconut oil on for now to moisturise and going to ring GP in the morning to find out what it is I've had it on and off for about two years so that's why I think it's psoriasis I also have scaly psoriasis on my knee, feet, belly back and scalp

Posted Sun 19 Jun 2022 13.43 by veganmama1995

@sharong thank you going to ring GP tomorrow and no nothing has ever come back from the swabs

Posted Sun 19 Jun 2022 16.26 by JamesFoster

I would also recommend E45 shower cream.

Posted Mon 27 Jun 2022 05.59 by acarterdaniel@gmail.com

Vegan mama. May I only assume by your call name born in 1995 not any thing you need to worry about but it sounds like you were starting to have your issues with a higher level of psoriasis and you have had in the past I am in my 50s and back in the 80s psoriasis was not as well-known as it is today when it comes to genital Psoriasis it is medically known typically as inverse psoriasis not to make funny at this but it kind of flourishes in the moist places of your body I have had inverse psoriasis under my arms and my groin area and also in my Buttocks. In my life I have had plaque psoriasis I have had inverse rightist I have had Pustular psoriasis obviously plaque psoriasis on my legs my back my stomach I have psoriatic nails toenails to be exact and the most recently I have had one of the more uncommon psoriasis which is called oral psoriasis it is very painful your tongue splits in multiple places your cheeks or the inside of your cheeks start to deteriorate your throat starts to become on fire it hurts to brush your teeth and also I have mouthwash your gums almost turn blood red and it’s just miserable my psoriasis got so bad on my left elbow that with the buildup of skin I ended up getting MR essay better multiple resistant staph infection I had to have it cut open debreeded and ended up sleeping 20 to 22 hours a day for two months I have had just about every form of psoriasis that is out there when you can have a genital psoriasis you need to make sure you put some sterile cleaner or lotion on it because of it goes on for a period of time he will start to lose or gain pigment in your skin for myself my scrotum Lost pigment in it and I am and scotch Irish English guy so I have a Lotta red skin and now I have basically skin that looks like an albino and roughly half of the area I am more than happy to talk to you about this in further detail post me back and if you’re married I’m more than happy to talk to you and your husband or wife to tell you what I do I also suffer from psoriatic arthritis so I do take Humira injections twice a month. Let me know. My name is Carter Daniel

Posted Mon 27 Jun 2022 06.01 by acarterdaniel@gmail.com

By the way it is not Uncommon to get splits and no sensitive areas because what actually happens is the skin sends out so much that it’s kind of a natural progression

Posted Mon 27 Jun 2022 06.05 by acarterdaniel@gmail.com

Not to ramble on but as a result of having psoriatic arthritis I will wake up some days don’t work or my arms don’t work or my shoulders don’t work where I have to take a steroid eyedrops because my eyes don’t work I’ve also had to get cataract surgery before I was 50 I was the youngest person in there and if it gets to that level which that part did not hit me until I was about 3637 you will experience poor could experience because not everybody that has psoriasis will also have some right psoriatic arthritis some people just have a skin condition other people have the joint problems like I said I think I and probably Catden it’s just something you have to live with I’ve had 11 knee surgeries I’m having to morning surgeries you know I’m constantly on steroids and also Humira as I mentioned earlier but I am more than happy to talk to you or anybody else on this form to have a listening ear thank you for your post and hopefully will talk with

Posted Fri 5 Aug 2022 09.45 by veganmama1995

Thank you for the response carter Daniel sorry it's took so long to reply so sorry you have PSA too I luckily don't suffer from that I went back to the doctors about the itchiness down below she took a swab nothing came back then recommend I have a smear test so I did again nothing came back for that I said could it be psoriasis down below she said she couldn't see anything but she said she couldnt say if it was or not! So I'm still not sure what's going on and I'm still as itchy down there as I was before I don't know what to do now 😞

Posted Fri 5 Aug 2022 17.54 by acarterdaniel@gmail.com

This was a derm doc?

Posted Fri 5 Aug 2022 18.07 by veganmama1995

It was my GP who did all this not sure how to get a dermatologist not sure if they would refer me also hope you're doing ok! Thanks for replying to me and for taking your time to write all you did I just want you to know I appreciate it

Posted Sun 7 Aug 2022 04.11 by Mary1968

I have had both thrush and psoriasis down there. For thrush I got medication from the doctor. For psoriasis I just used unrefined coconut oil and it cleared up

Posted Wed 10 Aug 2022 13.01 by diane

hi what is unrefined coconutoil please as i am suffering down there to . ilso would that work under my breasts as i am suffering there to . thank you

Posted Wed 10 Aug 2022 13.36 by diane

hi thank you for your reply . i have suffered for about a year and have not got a clueabout anything ...treatments , how to stop the itching that is driving me mad.

Posted Wed 10 May 2023 06.08 by parcade

I have had genital psoriasis since 2015 it is pretty bad never heals and seems to be spreading wonder if anyone has tried Otezla for it? I was called by providoer and told my copay is $2000 per month so that is NOT HAPPENING Thanks

To take part, sign in or register with us