Post COVID skin changes ?

Posted Wed 10 Aug 2022 09.54 by Tatia (edited Wed 10 Aug 2022 09.58 by Tatia)

Hi - I am new to this forum and perhaps this topic has been covered - apologies if this is the case. I got the latest COVID variant a few weeks ago and I can now see that my skin Is changing. Whereas I usually never have psiorasis on my legs and inner arms, they are now covered with what looks like p.guttate to me. Perhaps eczema as quite bumpy … I had quite a few post COVID symptoms, low blood pressure, tiredness etc and Drs said it would take a month to leave my system but wondering if anybody else noticed skin changes post covid? Thanks

Posted Wed 10 Aug 2022 10.00 by lizziep

Hi Tania - welcome to the forum. I don't have anything personal to add as neither the vaccines nor COVID affected me, but there have been quite a few discussions from people who have had problems. Type COVID into the search engine at the top of this page and look on Forums. I include one such link for you. Best Wishes. https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=4091

Posted Wed 10 Aug 2022 10.41 by Tatia

Thanks Lizzie - likewise, no effects post vaccinations. I will check the link and run a search -

Posted Wed 10 Aug 2022 13.25 by lizziep

sorry - Tatia, not Tania - eye sight!

Posted Mon 19 Sep 2022 09.34 by Winter (edited Mon 19 Sep 2022 09.35 by Winter)

I have had some very interesting affects all around. Im tripled vaxed with the pfizer vaccine. The first vaccine was completely fine the second and third flare ups lasted about a month and than just randomly resceded. My first stint with Covid 19 was the delta varient. I wouldnt have even known id had it if i didnt get tested besides more tired than usual. However, i did get patechai for up to 2 or 3 months after which my dermatologist suspects is related My second stint with covid was the omicron varient where i had alot of symptoms, my asthma was bad for nearly a month, but my psoriasis was also bad. It went from its usual flakey self to being all red and burning, it spread really fast. Than randomly after 2 months, it's started to receed again. However, ive also notices my psoriasis marks scab alot easier now. All in all i have learnt my reactions have varied alot between the vaccinations i have had and getting covid and as soon as it felt like my body was in dire straights, it healed. My psa on the other hand has been miniscul up until late last year. Now im at the point where i cannot even walk some days. I havent noticed this being in conjunction with the covid virus or vaccine but its never been anywhere near as bad as it is now

Posted Sun 25 Sep 2022 07.21 by Tatia

Hi Winter - thanks for you reply. Meanwhile it turns out that the change I experienced was Pityriasis rosea which can be triggered by a virus and disappears by itself after up to 10 weeks. My skin was at its worst mid-August and I can see that it is getting better and my normal patches of psoriasis are back. I am really sorry to read that you are in so much pain - I do hope you find something that works for you. I noticed that I need to change products yearly and am now using body wash and cream by Isdin.

To take part, sign in or register with us