Depressed can't seem to find the right advice/medication for peace of mind

Posted Thu 6 Oct 2022 09.20 by Maddy

I have been living with Psoriasis for 18 years. Been in and out seeing skin doctors but to no improvement. My psoriasis has spread all over my body. I am getting even stressed out from this. I have to try to find the right clothes to wear to work as I don't want them to show. I am frustrated a I can not find the right medication to ease the flares. I have been on Demol which does only little help. Just recently the doctor has put me on Prednisolone, Cephalexin and Diclofenac for my knee joint pains and Combiderm cream. Please advice if I am taking the right medication. I am also on Alovera Juice. Need some constructive advice.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 2022 08.45 by michmo

hi maddy.sorry to hear about your psoriasis.im 59 now and harboured psoriasis for 40 years or so since a teenager.i cant speak for prescriptions because i just accepted things the way they were.i stopped drinking alcohol 7 months ago and since then my psoriasis is clearing up.maybe focus on a possible allergy.just a thought.hope your clears up soon.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 2022 14.24 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Sorry to hear this. Firstly are you under a dermatologist and rheumatologist? Also are you UK based? If yes to both then by how severe you describe your P and PsA is you should be asking for either systemic treatments, then possibly biologic trratments. These can treat both conditions but on the NHS it can take some time to get those treatments. All about trial and error. Good luck.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 2022 14.41 by abz1976

I so feel you I’m exactly the same. I was on methotrexate 10 years ago and I mr was amazing! They took me off because I had a fatty liver. I’ve since lost 7st (98 pounds) and have a normal liver but they won’t put me back in it :( They going to try something called systematic drugs so will see how that goes. It’s so hindering and can’t live life to the full this horrible thing

To take part, sign in or register with us