Washing powder

Posted Wed 22 Mar 2023 17.15 by Nelly

Hi I have psoriasis on my feet and have heard that certain washing powder can irritate, I was wondering if anyone has had experience of this and has any advice. Thanks Neil

Posted Sat 25 Mar 2023 00.47 by Mary1968

Hello Well some bleached or heavily scented washing powder (residue left in clothes) can certainly irritate psoriasis. So if you are wearing socks or stockings washed in said powder, then potentially that will be an irritant to you. My old washing powder was making me itch around the plaques, and I simply changed my washing powder and it stopped irritating.

Posted Sat 25 Mar 2023 11.05 by Nelly

Thanks Mary can you tell me which washing powder you are using Cheers

Posted Mon 27 Mar 2023 09.21 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Potentially any washing powders or detergents can irritate or exacerbate skin conditions if residues are left in clothes. If you think a particular powder might be iritiating youre skin, the best advice is to try a different one. I have used a major brand washing powder (Ariel) for 25+ years, washing my underwear, socks, all clothes and bedding, towels with it. I am careful not to over use it, I keep to manufacturers recommendations to make it easier to rinse out from my clothes - it can also help block-up your washing machine if you over use it, and I also have my washing machine set to an extra rinse cycle for all washes.

Posted Mon 27 Mar 2023 11.34 by Nelly

Thanks for your reply the extra rinse function definitely will be worth trying 👍

To take part, sign in or register with us