diet to control PsA

Posted Mon 22 May 2023 11.56 by AJ
Hi I’m 60 years young, I’ve had Psoriatic arthritis for 9 years, as you know it change’s your life, after a few drugs that didn’t

Hi, has anyone got a good diet plan for the control of Psoriasis , i also have Psoriatic Arthritis as well, any advice on what not to eat, also what seems to help with foods to eat, have had a flare since August 2022, ive been on Humira 40ml twice a month for the last 6 years, i think i need a new drug as HUMIRA seems not to be working so well now, thanks

Posted Tue 23 May 2023 07.51 by Billy bass

Vitamin D, can help so any foods with vitamin D and oily fish helps,best talking to your doctor+dietician tho who can point you in the right direction regarding medication diet ect,everyones condition is different in this illness some suffer alot others less,its a minefield in treatment,but see your gp ect for advice !

Posted Wed 24 May 2023 08.43 by skin
Yes

My ideas include: (i) use ordinary olive oil for cooking, (not sunflower oil, nor rapeseed oil). (ii) use margarine not butter; margarine spread which contains about 21% olive oil. (iii) add powered milk (which contains Vit A &D) to full milk when used on breakfast cereals. (iv) if you don't like marmite/vegemite/bovril - GET TO LIKE THEM! Lidl and Sainsburys and probably others - do much cheaper and tasty versions. (v) I also grow lots of my own lemon lettuce/spinach - a sorrel - which never goes to seed - easy to grow even if you don't really like gardening! (vi) you could try adding black pepper and turmeric powder to foods -(not expensive tablets/capsules), however be warned turmeric can stain. Good luck.

Posted Sun 9 Jul 2023 15.03 by michmo

i have decided to really blitz my diet after 40 years of psoriasis.after three weeks of going part vegan there is an improvement.sixteen months ago i stopped drinking alcohol and if anything my psoriasis got worse.i have added fish into my diet and taken out all gluten and diary products.it takes alot of discipline but you may be rewarded for your effort.i got so sick of scratching my legs till they bled.just had enough of it.

Posted Mon 14 Aug 2023 10.50 by michmo

It's common for psoriasis sufferers to have a reaction to gluten. I went gluten free recently and part vegan. Still eat fish and chicken but cutout most redmeat. Potatoes and tomatoes are a member of the nightshade family and are bad for psoriasis.

To take part, sign in or register with us