Purple skin

Posted Sun 28 May 2023 21.52 by Lbeadle

Hi, New here 🙂 Over the winter, my whole body was practically covered in psoriasis but i’ve been using dovobet ointment and have been sitting in the sun as much as possible recently and a lot of it has cleared. Now I have the problem of purple skin which I have never had before. On my legs where the psoriasis was, my skin has now gone purple.Has anyone had this? Will it go? What can I use to help it go? I’m not sure if it’s the sun that’s caused it.I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted Sun 28 May 2023 22.23 by steph

Hi, firstly be careful with using a lot of doverbet as it can thin the skin over time. I was advised to use it for 4 week then just twice a week, worked well but then came back when I switched to twice a week. I have tried EVERYTHING, and my P is never really dry because of all the creams I use but its sooo difficult to get rid of the redness for me. Basically I look like I have rash all over, but then it can just suddenly disappear in parts! I thinks yours will eventually fade if you have come this far, be careful with the sun and the doverbet though,,keep moisturising. Good luck! Steph

Posted Sun 28 May 2023 22.31 by Lbeadle

Thanks for you reply. Usually when it goes, the skin turns white but since i’ve been sitting in the sun, the white bits have gone purple! I’ve never had this before in all the years my psoriasis has come and gone.

Posted Sun 28 May 2023 22.36 by steph

Maybe you have over done it with the sun, just keep out of it for a while see what happens, keep us updated! Steph

Posted Mon 5 Jun 2023 17.15 by Yacht

Purple skin is one of the known and listed side-effects of Dovobet. It is written in the medicine's accompanying leaflet. Academic studies suggest 1-5% of longterm Dovobet users might get purple skin. Small purple spots under 1cm are called purpura. Big purple spots above 1cm are called ecchymoses. They may be caused by slightly leaky blood vessels. I'd go and get it checked by a dermatologist or GP, via an inperson visit or remote videocall. This is useful for background reading. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/1609/smpc#gref

Posted Mon 5 Jun 2023 17.53 by Lbeadle

Thank you for your reply. I will make a doctors appointment.

To take part, sign in or register with us