No life

Posted Wed 13 Jul 2016 15.10 by Yvonne

I have had Psoriasis for 45 years, had every ointments, creams ,lotions, Aloe Vera Drinks (horrible) several 7 month treatments of phototherapy over the last 4 years, which was a short term of relief, although it comes back worse than ever, I have no confidence, embarrassed, no chance of a relasionship with anyone, it is really affecting my life. I've researched about the injections but my local hospital won't give them to me as they are expensive and want me to travel over 20 miles to have PUVA which I can't do as I am so depressed, and baths as well as tablets which I discovered are not good for your organs.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 2016 10.37 by belfie99
hello, have had psoriasis for 18 years mainly hands and feet but in the past few mnths started to cover my body now on methortrexate

Hi Yvonne, I understand exactly how you feel but i decided to have methortrexate the hospital keep a very close eye on your liver and kidney functions so any problems should be found straight away sometimes quality of life is more important than quantity and lets face it we never know what tomorrow brings for me tablets is my choice but you need to decide for yourself whatever you decide is the right choice for you it can't be anyone else;s decision good luck .

Posted Fri 15 Jul 2016 12.01 by Yvonne

Thank you so much for your reply, is methotrexate in the tablet form, and does it help you?

Posted Mon 18 Jul 2016 17.52 by Quest

Hi Yvonne. You are probably also fed up with endless advise... So I only respond to your feelings. The devastating loss of self esteem is the worst enemy. I guess you know that. All I wish for you is to find the people you can talk freely with and with whom to take a refreshing break from having to hide and shy. The peace that comes with such trust is as valuable as any medical treatment.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 2016 by belfie99
hello, have had psoriasis for 18 years mainly hands and feet but in the past few mnths started to cover my body now on methortrexate

Hi Yvonne, yes i am on tablets 10mg per week, only taken starter dose and 1 full dose due to take my second dose on sunday but if you go to general chat i have started a weekly diary of sorts and i will be adding how i feel as the weeks progress and promise i will be putting good and bad reactions, hope you check this out and see what you think. belfie99

To take part, sign in or register with us