Exercise, sweat and trigger

Posted Fri 23 Jun 2023 14.28 by VARSHA P

Hi Has anyone experienced a flare up after exercising and sweating. I was never a exercise person. Would do bit of walk but from last 6 months has started execersing at home and sweat. I have noticed increase in my psoriasis do different parts and also on my scalp which has never happened before. Is there a link between exercise, sweat and flare up. Thanks

Posted Sun 25 Jun 2023 19.25 by Kay01

Hiya varsha I have never heard of a flare up from sweat and exercise I have a crosstrainer and Lose it a lot and sweat a lot but it never flared up after for me.

Posted Sun 25 Jun 2023 19.42 by VARSHA P

Thanks Kay Psoriasis is such a puzzle. Inspite of having it for more the 30 years, nit able to find out the trigger.

Posted Mon 26 Jun 2023 07.29 by mt382

Hi there I think it makes mine worse. Couple of things at play: - Exercise dilates surface blood vessels (of which there are complex networks in psoriasis plaques) leading to immediate reddening of the plaque. - as an autoimmune disease, its likely that the specific protein different sufferers are responding to will vary. It may well be that sweat in some way contributes to the presence of some dermal protein which makes it worse, whether something in the sweat itself or some change to the skin biome. - Weight lifting does it for me. One would assume that muscular damage causes systemic inflammation of some sort, though I'm not a sport scientist. As per the above, perhaps there's autoimmunity against some component of muscle breakdown when it arrives in the skin. - If one thing is true, however, it's that psoriasis severity relates to overall health and wellbeing, which exercise and low visceral fat must contribute to long term I've definitely had clearance when including exercise in my life, though that clearance has been through treatment (nb uvb) and since putting on about 40lbs this year (of which exercise may have reduced) my skin is so much worse.

Posted Wed 28 Jun 2023 13.53 by PrincessDi

Definitely makes mine angry but a cool shower seems to make it feel better

To take part, sign in or register with us