Diprosalic scalp lotion

Posted Sat 5 Aug 2023 18.25 by Claire

Hi everyone. I have been using Diprosalic scalp lotion for many months now and if I try and stop using it every day, the psoriasis just comes back with a vengeance. Anyone else have the same? Also really keen to hear what shampoos people recommend. I use T Gel however it does seem to make my scalp dry. My psoriasis got so bad I had significant hair loss. Now growing back slowly but all fluffy and pretty hopeless. Am hoping it will get a bit more normal.

Posted Sat 5 Aug 2023 18.52 by Tobysgranny

When I had psoriasis on my scalp I used Dovobet Gel at night washed off with Capasal shampoo next morning.

Posted Sat 5 Aug 2023 21.57 by Margaret W

I have had a second flare up of scalp psoriasis since January when my mother died. After trying many prescribed lotions and potions like cocois cream, Betnovate scalp solution etc., I started injecting with methotrexate, my first injection being last Monday. I have lost quite a lot of hair but I think there are signs of fluffy new hair. I use Capasal shampoo which I find helpful. I would be interested to hear how other people have got on with methotrexate

Posted Tue 8 Aug 2023 15.52 by PrincessDi

I live in the US and use a shampoo called Dermarest. I never had any luck with TGel or other tar shampoos. This one doesn't stink and it has salicilyc acid or however you spell that to keep the scaling down. There are also liquids that my doc prescribed when really bad, Lidex and Betamethasone Valerate, Both are clear liquids for the scalp. I think the Lidex is the stronger of the two.

Posted Sat 19 Aug 2023 15.49 by Claire

Thank you so much everyone. I am going to try Capasal for sure

To take part, sign in or register with us