Ear psoriasis

Posted Sun 6 Aug 2023 11.31 by Sickofpsoriasis

Hello, Does anyone have psoriasis in their ears and do you feel your hearing is affected? Has anyone treated this successfully? Only thing that seems to work is hydrogen peroxide to feel like I can hear again and I use a bit of my Enstillar (I know it’s too strong but nothing else works- I also know hydrogen peroxide should be diluted but I don’t)

Posted Sun 6 Aug 2023 11.56 by skin
Yes

Even dilute hydrogen peroxide sounds to be a bit 'drastic'. Have you tried regular washing with a good shampoo, followed by drying - using tissue then a tiny bit of oil or zeroderm ointment?

Posted Sun 6 Aug 2023 12.08 by Sickofpsoriasis

I should clarify I’m referring to psoriasis scales blocking my eardrum / hearing more than removing scales

Posted Mon 7 Aug 2023 06.28 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Mon 7 Aug 2023 06.33 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Have you discussed this with your GP or other? I get psoriasis in my ears, but not as troublesome as yours. Here are a couple of threads that might contain some useful suggestions for you to discuss with your GP: https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=5550&page=2 (see my post dated 16th July 2023 for my experiences and thoughts) https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=4010 Good luck.

Posted Mon 7 Aug 2023 10.13 by Sickofpsoriasis

I just find most gps pretty useless at psoriasis help :( well the ones I’ve seen anyway. Thank you so much for sending the other threads.. I’m worried about my hearing too. I feel anxious to try a nasal spray in my ear but as you’ve tried it and it worked that really spikes my interest. I’m in Australia so sometimes the products posted here aren’t the same as what I can get

Posted Tue 8 Aug 2023 15.49 by PrincessDi

I had psoriasis leading into my eardrum which could be quite painful. My doc prescribed a medicine called Desonide Lotion .05%. I would, probably not doc recommended, put it on a q-tip and put it in my ear. It was the only thing that I found that worked.

Posted Tue 8 Aug 2023 19.33 by mt382

Can the betnovate scalp gel be used to suppress the ear psoriasis? I have no idea whether it's dangerous to the ear drum or not. Surely you can pulse it? 1 week on 1 week off?

Posted Sun 20 Aug 2023 16.19 by PrincessDi

I tell ya, I think when you suffer from psoriasis you'll try just about anything.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 2023 07.16 by Loopy

What symptoms do you get in your ear? I ask because I have horrendous pulsatile tinnitus and on checking don’t have wax build up but always wondered if I had psoriasis down in my ear drum somewhere..

Posted Sun 27 Aug 2023 08.48 by Sickofpsoriasis

Hmm I get endless scales and flakes and feel like my ear is full/blocked.

Posted Sun 27 Aug 2023 16.25 by andrea
have had p for too many years

I have psoriasis behind my ears and a small dry flaky area inside so I put a thin layer of betnovate gel on every other day which keeps it fairly clear with just a shadow. I have noticed my tinnitus is getting worse.. I don’t know if this has anything to with the P.

Posted Thu 23 Nov 2023 12.48 by Jacquiej

I’ve had psoriasis for almost a year now, as well as other areas. it builds up in my ears, and so far I’ve lost my hearing twice. I started a programme of micro-suction and go every two to three months to stop a big build up. It can be painful and it’s costly, but it’s better than having constant hearing problems. I haven’t been able to get an appointment with dermatology yet, but hope that the can help when I do.

Posted Wed 29 Nov 2023 21.45 by suehend1972@gmail.com
Hello I'm sue

I also get psorioses in my ears it's really annoying I have it all over even on my face noe

Posted Sun 3 Dec 2023 08.44 by mt382

As I said - a nice strong steroid would help if the problem is limited to the ear. If its everywhere else then obviously a systemic therapy is more appropriate. What has the doctor offered you? I don't know enough about how the steroid would affect the ear drum to know whether this is possible or not. As an aside - I get a little in the ear too. A few years ago I was going proper deaf - the wax would be particularly swollen after a bath or shower. I went to a private ear wax removal guy and honestly.... I had complete plugs of wax about 2 cm in depth. Felt weird for a few days after removal lol. So needed thiuhh

To take part, sign in or register with us