Black Seed Oil - seems to have "cured" me

Posted Thu 28 Sep 2023 20.37 by NYGuy11

It's only been a month for me though. I don't think that's long enough to see any meaningful change. Maybe if my psoriasis was really bad, I'd see something. But since I'm in good shape, it could take longer since my "stubborn spots" aren't really anything terrible. I think I have to give it 3-6 months.

Posted Fri 29 Sep 2023 12.55 by Cardiff_Dai

btw - I have been using on my fungal toenails and it seems to be working very well!

Posted Fri 29 Sep 2023 13.06 by Nape999

I'm glad it's working for something! I still have the odd tiny spot here and there but nobody would notice and, even if they did, there's no way they'd think it's a diagnosable skin condition. I put candelula oil in my balm for its antifungal properties but if the black seed oil is working on your toes then I don't see the need to change anything. This is my hand now. My camera automatically "beautifies" images and I forgot to turn it off on the "after" photo but the red circle is the kind of tiny red mark I was talking about. Taking "beautify" off would hardly make a difference: https://imgur.com/a/AhC9DMQ I box, too, so my knuckles are never going to be completely flawless 😂.

Posted Sat 30 Sep 2023 06.40 by JeremyG

Thank you for sharing your experience with Black Seed Oil. I’m almost two months into taking the caplets you suggested twice daily. I’ve seen no significant improvement as yet, although I really like the published benefits of the product and will certainly keep taking it. I will be interested to hear how others are getting on…

Posted Sat 30 Sep 2023 15.45 by NYGuy11

That's what I'm hoping blackseed oil will help...my nails. That's why I will stick with it.

Posted Fri 17 Nov 2023 05.03 by jasminejr

I'm glad that has worked for you. Some other things I found helpful with psoriasis. Magnesium supplementation, magnesium/epsom salt or Dead Sea salt baths (try and soak at least 30 mins with about 500g salt). Fat cell Cleanse https://jeunessima.com/niacin-sauna-detox-smart-way-profoundly-energize-beautify/. Doing a liver cleanse. And also Malki Dead Sea soaps work well for me.

Posted Fri 17 Nov 2023 05.17 by Nape999

I've never been sold on "cleanses' but that's normally because it's a product, like a juice claiming to do it all. I'd need to see more research before I commited to anything like that, were my psoriasis to come back. I've taken magnesium supplements for years but didn't notice any affect on my psoriasis. It also makes it hard to absord other nutrients and vitamins, so take it separately. Winter is always the worst for my psoriasis and I take ice baths at just over 0 degree Celsius, so I'll see how that goes. I also box, so my knuckles are grazed quite often and it's hard to tell if it's psoriasis creeping back. I really need to wrap my hands and wear gloves but sometimes I just can't resist hitting a bag when I'm in my garage/gym.

Posted Fri 17 Nov 2023 06.15 by jasminejr

Yes there are lots of things being sold to us, it is difficult to know what is going to work. When I did the fat cell cleanse, I wasn't actually expecting for it to have any effect on my psoriasis, I was doing it for my depression, but I notice afterwards my psoriasis had noticeably calmed down, and I only stayed in the sauna 30 mins as that was all I could handle. I't's a good thing to do anyway as we live in a toxic world and toxins get stuck in the fat. It's very cheap to do as well, just buy some cheap niacin, wait for your skin to flush, do 20 - 30 mins exercise and try and stay in the sauna for at least 30 mins or longer if possible. Skin conditions are related to the liver, why is why I think cleansing helps. It would make sense as smoking and particularly alcohol can make it worse and they damage the liver. Some people like to take vitamin d for psoriasis, might be worth ago if it gets worse in the winter. Dead Sea soaps genuinely helped as well. I never thought in a million years that would help, but I was surprised, there's all sort of brands out there, but I would get one as natural as possible. Probably worth a go since we need to use soap any way. Also though I take magnesium internally, it was the magnesium salt baths that had a more extreme effect, people use magnesium oil as well, though it stings a bit but can be effective. You can make your own for much cheaper than buying a bottle if you are using a lot.. Just look up the process online, it's not difficult, Also if using the salt, it might be better to have a warm/hot bath just to help you absorb it better.

Posted Thu 4 Jan 2024 08.02 by JeremyG

I thought that I would give a quick update after five months of taking Black Seed Oil capsules twice a day. Overall there haven't been any major changes, although perhaps a little improvement in my PS patches. I really like the properties of Black Seed Oil and am going to continue taking it.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 2024 13.31 by Rwse (edited Mon 11 Mar 2024 13.51 by Rwse)

Hej! I am new to this forum and to Psoriasis. Being 64 years I have now patches and plaques over my whole body except my face, footsoles and handpalms. It started almost a year ago. I went to a GP in Sweden where I live and got Momethason prescribed, together with the ointment with propyleneglycol. It did not help very much. Except for the ointment which stopped some of the itching for a few hours. My former GP in the Netherlands suspected Psa in october 23 and subscribed a calcipotrial/bethamethason - Aristo ointment. I did not use it very long because I live in Sweden. I saw some improvement though on the overgrow of skincells. When i traveled back to the Netherlands I got an emergency appointment with a dermatologist. He subscribed Enstilar and a ’cooling’ salve which did not cool at all!. But, the Enstilar did the overgrow trick again. Back again in Sweden I got an appointment with a GP but had to wait a month. He gave me Momethson as a repeatsubscription. But using that made the overgrow come back and the Psa got much more red and inflamed. Somewhere in the proces I also got Dovobet for my scalp. I switched then from Momethason to the Dovobet for the whole of my body. Again, the overgrow diminishes. I am a big fan of treating ailments the ’natural’ way and started making ointments myself. I tried and adjusted it many times. But the substances I always use are: Beeswax Coconut oil Jojoba oil Lavender essential oil Geranium essential oil. It soothes and suppresses the itching, especially when I add Teatree oil. I cannot say it helps 100% but the itching is much less to non existant. For emergency relief of the itching I use peppermint oil in jojoba oil. It helps immediately.. On the Beeswax read https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jocd.15718#pane-pcw-references. On Coconut and Jojoba oil information here: https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/19/1/70#table_body_display_ijms-19-00070-t001 The most recent oils for me to try are blackseed oil (!) and Boswellia serrata, also called Frankinsence oil. But I have yet to start with them. My skin looks terrible and itches very much if I do not use my selfmade ointment. I stopped the alcohol and sugar. After drinking and eating that it always makes my skin react. And now I recently (a week ago) decided to start with eliminating carbohydrates/gluten and not to eat processed foods anymore. If it helps? I will find out. The supplements I take are zinc, vit D3, magnesiumcitrate, vit C, fishoil capsules, Mariathistle and L-glutamine.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 2024 14.30 by Nape999 (edited Mon 11 Mar 2024 14.31 by Nape999)

I've got a finak formula for my balm and have been using it for some time. The only ones it has that your didn't mention are calendula oil and pumpkin seed oil.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 2024 15.20 by Rwse

I made a salve with above mentioned ingredients with calendula oil added to it. Is also helped the itching thing. But my bottle got empty and then I tried somthing else. I used Castor oil as well but it leaves a thick oily feeling. And I used Neem oil in the mixture. But its smell I found not so pleasant. I use for my face only wheatgerm oil. It is said it contains vit E. In the past this oil helped with healing of sctratches and small wounds on my hand etc. It keeps my face in good condition but does not help for the Psa in my eyebrows :( I am a big, big fan of honey, if you have a wound, put honey on it and a bandaid and the pain disappeares and the healing is much faster. I tried a salve with honey in it. But due to the (too) large amount it felt terrible because of the stickinesswas. The honeysalve was from before the Psa. I plan to try it again for Psa in the future.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 2024 15.49 by Nape999

I find jojoba oil to be the best. Coconut oil is very common but it's far too greasy for my liking. Jojoba oil feels nice when it goes on and is absorbed, so you're not left with big oily patches.

To take part, sign in or register with us