Paradoxical Psoriasis caused by Adalimumab (brand name Imraldi)

Posted Thu 5 Oct 2023 18.55 by Millie1 (edited Thu 5 Oct 2023 18.56 by Millie1)
Scalp torso and limb psoriasis since age 5/6 years old

Just wondering what worked for you if you’ve suffered Paradoxical Psoriasis, including Palmar Plantar, when using Adalimumab/Imraldi or any other Biologic. I’m I0 months down the line, lost my hair and every part of my body, apart from my face affected, I’m currently on Secukinumab (in the form of Cosentyx) and alongside I’ve tried Enstilar, Betacap, Exorex, Dermovate, Diprosalic, Mometasone Furate and various moisturisers, and Light Therapy. Nothing has worked and the psoriasis cycle is bi weekly. I’ve just started Acitretin alongside my Biologic. Any ideas, treatments that I might be able to suggest to my consultant as they’re currently at a loss of what to try next and running out of ideas.

Posted Fri 6 Oct 2023 00.28 by PrincessDi

I would say you need a hiatus you are probably especially stressed and so many diff meds your body might have time to figure out what works or doesnt, like overload?

Posted Wed 1 Nov 2023 01.48 by Yacht

Ask about Skyrizi.

Posted Thu 2 Nov 2023 16.23 by kiloran
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

I've been reading up on paradoxical psoriasis being triggered by biologics and indeed other treatments. It seems that for every success there's a failure and it highlights the difficulty caused by the slow response to therapies. So many papers where "Biologic X resulted in paradoxical psoriasis which was resolved by Biologic Y"

To take part, sign in or register with us