Scalp Psoriasis and Swollen Lymph Nodes

Posted Thu 2 Nov 2023 17.44 by Psoriasisjourney97

Hello, I have had psoriasis since I was in my first year so university and I am now 26 years old. I have bad scalp psoriasis and I also have it in my ears and belly button. Over the last few years, I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck. I have had two ultrasounds on my neck and my blood work done twice within in the last 3-5 years and all has seemed normal. My health anxiety seems to come and go and here I am again with a larger swollen lymph node in my neck. I am just reaching out to see if anyone else experiences swollen lymph nodes in their neck in relation to scalp psoriasis. I can make myself crazy worrying about these lymph nodes. Thank you!

Posted Sun 5 Nov 2023 13.25 by BB

Hi Psoriasisjourney97 I hear you. I have a little scalp Psoriasis but I have it awful in both ears too, the ears is recent for me. Yep my glands swell up too around my neck but particularly the area just below my ears. I have a problem with my Lymphatic system too so its a bit difficult to tell what causes my glands to swell. The main reason though seems to point to infection which may not always be obvious especially as we cant see the areas very well. Are the glands sore and tender of just there and swollen ? I sort of know now if It is infection as the glands tend to get sore to touch, I didn't realise I even had an infection in one ear until crap started draining out and the glands around that ear were sore. The Psoriasis in my ears had piled up and looks like they got irritated and then infected, I now am extra vigilant re the way these permanent swollen glands feel to the touch. Hope you get answers and feel better very soon. Oh and I don' know if you have tried Otomize ear spray, it does help me somewhat with the awful itching in there.

Posted Sun 31 Dec 2023 05.32 by Kikster

Just reassure everyone who has scalp psoriasis and has found swollen lymph nodes in their neck. I found my first swollen lymph node in my neck 30 years ago. It was about the size of a large pea and the doctor said it was not any big deal and it was from my psoriasis. I now have two others and on the other side of my neck for the last few years. They have never amounted to anything and have not grown in size. I thought this might bring a little relief to people because it's been 30 years. It's a terrible disorder but I have lived a good life despite it. I do have a touch of psoriatic arthritis now but it's not debilitating and I still can do hikes and and am very active. I have had it since I was 13 years old.

Posted Sun 31 Dec 2023 16.54 by Chloe

Hi I'm 17 years old and I have scalp psoriasis which has started flaring up more frequently. I have been prescribed steroid creams which I have tried but have not done anything. I have started using a scalp massager to see if that has any improvement.Is there anything natural that you can suggest I try.

Posted Fri 19 Jan 2024 03.04 by apprehensive

Hi Psoriasisjourney97, It's positive that your previous ultrasounds and blood work showed normal results but please consult with your doctor about the swollen lymph nodes to rule out anything serious.

To take part, sign in or register with us