Help!

Posted Sun 14 Aug 2016 09.10 by Hailsd1997

Hello guys, new to this page. I have been fighting what we think is psoriasis for over 6 months now. My head is itchy constantly, crusty sores all over and they ooze and weep so much. If I wear the thicker headbands to sleep to obsorb the liquid, the headband is dripping wet in the morning. Getting my hair done makes it 10x worse. I use the creams my doctor gave me. But I'm finally seeing the dermatologist Monday. And advice on how to stop the oozing? I wake up with my whole head so sticky and matted to my head I do nothing but cry. Help me please :(

Posted Sun 14 Aug 2016 11.44 by Joyce

For my scalp I use tgel shampoo. It really works for me. For my skin I go for two sunbeds a week and make a scrub. I use olive oil and sugar. I have had psoriasis my entire life. And I have tried every treatment out there. All the hard core medication only made me better for a short period. But in the long run seemed to make it worse. About two years ago I came off all the medication and switched to the scrub. It took about two months but now I'm completely clear. Good luck xxx

Posted Tue 16 Aug 2016 18.11 by DM1934

Hi, Hailsd1997. I agree with Joyce. I've had psoriasis all of my life too and the only thing that helped me was T-gel shampoo (the blue one). I shampoo it in and leave it on for about 5 mins while I shower. I've also tried all if the medicated stuff but this was the best for me. Good luck xx

Posted Tue 16 Aug 2016 19.02 by CanadianVal
I am sure that all the drugs I have been on have affected my health in other ways.I also suffer from extreme itch and I am tired of people c

My doctot put me on Otezla and within two weeks my scalp cleared up. It was originally prescribed for psoriatic arthritis but it has done wonders not only for the arthritis but also the psoriasis that was on the rest of my body. If you are in England I know that this drug has not been approved (just in Scotland) so maybe your doctor will give you something similar or else you need to fight to get this drug approved. My skin has never been so good, there are just a few tiny spots on my lower legs, which are hardly visible and I had it over a large portion of my body. To me this is a wonder drug.

To take part, sign in or register with us