Hello.....I'm new

Posted Tue 16 Aug 2016 18.21 by Chelle79

Hi everybody. I have suffered from mild psoriasis since the age of 15....I'm now 37. I would describe mine as small dot like marks that are raised and pale on the surface of the skin. I have always managed it well with ointments and creams. However, I have recently started working in a residential home where the working conditions are very hot. The air is also quite dry due to central heating being on for long periods of time. In the 8 months I have worked there I have noticed my psoriasis getting considerably worse. The dot like patches are getting bigger and redder and the usual ointments are taking longer to work. Its actually getting me down now as ive never had it this bad. I am getting it around my nipples....and pubic area!!! Does anyone have any experience of this? Working in hot conditions and there psoriasis getting worse? Does sweating make it worse? Many thanks Michelle

Posted Wed 21 Sep 2016 03.54 by respect

Hi michelle for every individual its different.Sum peoples psoriasis makes it wrse wen hot & sum peoples gts wrse with wen winter.Iv had mines since 12 mines gets realy dry in winter & get cuts sometimes.

Posted Tue 4 Oct 2016 13.03 by obi1138
Hey guys,long time sufferer,even longer drum and metal lover!hoping to meet,chat and find fellow afflicteds....let's stick together!

Hi,mine gets worse in cold weather too,cracks and sometimes bleeds,moisturizer is key at that time for me.

Posted Sat 8 Oct 2016 07.38 by delhome

hi michelle. i work in a kitchen as a chef and my ps has been a nightmare. i am waiting to go for light therapy. sweating does make it worse. i have inverse,scalp, plaque and nail ps x

Posted Sat 8 Oct 2016 10.57 by ariadni81
legs, elbows, head

I'm also new here, I have had it since I was 14, I consider myself lucky to have had it on the legs mostly and not on the face but still during winter I'm psychologically really down. I was using cortizone ointment treatments but the body got used to them and they were not working anymore so then my doctor gave me cyclosporine in pills and all my marks vanish but after 2 months they are there again..... I'm worried I'm taking too many pills so I leave it as it is in the winter and take the pills closer to the summer so I can go to the beach.. I know also that after 10 days of sea swimming and sunbathing they are a lot better sometimes they even vanish....

Posted Mon 10 Oct 2016 10.54 by Lifeboatman
Lifelong sufferer, now exacerbated by 'Healthy Heart' drugs

Another forum newbie here, I have had the dry scalp psoriasis since childhood, however about 20 years ago (aged 55) it died away only to be replaced by what I call 'The wet one' beneath my arms, this has been a nightmare to control, Then 4 years ago I had a Heart bypass, the follow up drugs have really exacerbated it, it started on my neck and now I have it around my eyes. Any length of sleep greater than an hour is a bonus, before the pain and itching wakes me up. Doctor very straightforward, stop heart drugs and risk another heart attack or take them and suffer psoriasis consequences. I use a Mavala nail shield to stop my nails chipping and splitting, very effective but often get odd looks from strangers, who's this old man wearing nail varnish? lol

To take part, sign in or register with us