Argan Oil

Posted Tue 20 Feb 2024 12.31 by RalphES (edited Tue 20 Feb 2024 14.57 by RalphES)

Just wondered if anyone had tried Argan Oil as a treatment? I've had psoriasis for over 40yrs and, generally, I've been lucky that it's never been too painful - just mildly irritating (I genuinely feel for those who suffer badly). Over the last year or so I have seen an increase in "Raindrop psoriasis" that is becoming more widespread, and "Angry", across a lot of my body, so feel I need to take some action to try and counter this. Apart from Argan Oil, any other suggestions would be welcome - I've tried many of the GP prescribed treatments but none have ever really been much good. Thanks

Posted Tue 20 Feb 2024 14.44 by bargainlovingmum

Hi RalphES - raindrop psoriasis is an interesting phrase. Never heard that before, but it’s a good description. I have some of it also. I’ve never tried argan oil on my skin, but I used to use it in my curly, dry hair and I liked it. It wasn’t too heavy and I found some pure oil (not the ones with all the extra chemicals) online. All the best with things

Posted Wed 21 Feb 2024 10.34 by Acrazydoglady

@RalphES - oh bless you, back when I had guttate psoriasis in early 2000s - I tried every natural oil, lotion & potion and I'm so sorry I found nothing worked, other than they all helped keep my skin moist, as I found clingfilming body parts overnight & even during the day was helpful for retaining moisturise, but I only ever did this with natural oils only. Would you be allowed light therapy? That's what really helped clear me. Hope you find something to help you xx

Posted Wed 21 Feb 2024 10.55 by RalphES

Thanks both. Never thought about light therapy, I'll look into that.

To take part, sign in or register with us