Apremilast or Sotyktu (Deucravacitinib)

Posted Sun 25 Feb 2024 16.53 by Jackie T

So I’ve been taking Acetretin for approximately 4 months with no visible side effects and a big reduction in my psoriasis plaques, but my last visit to dermatology highlighted my ALT liver function is steadily climbing with my last blood test showing the biggest jump so far. The team made the decision to stop the Acetretin and have given me information on Apremilast (Otezla) and Sotyktu (deucravacitinib) to consider as a next step in treatment. I believe that the Sotyktu is a relatively new treatment in the England but has anyone had any experiences with either of these drugs? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted Mon 26 Feb 2024 06.44 by Speedy
Hi I am a 56 year old woman, I've had plantar pustulosis for 13 years. I have scalp and guttate psoriasis too.

Hi Jackie T. I have been taking Apremilast since Sept 23. It has cleared my plantar pustulosis and plaque psoriasis. I have had plantar pustulosis for 14 years and Apremilast (Otezla) started to work within 2 weeks. Side effects, an upset tummy for a few weeks. But, I would highly recommend it. Blood test to start, then another after 3 months to ensure no adverse effects. It works for me. I can wear shoes and boots for the first time in years. 😊. Good luck, I hope whatever you choose works for you.

Posted Sun 10 Mar 2024 10.27 by Joby

Hi I am a 57 yo Australian woman. I’ve had every treatment. Past 5 years I have been on Cyclosporine. Started flare up so dermatologist stopped this and prescribed Sotyktu. Flare up has become intense covering most of my body. Started Sotyku It has been about 2 weeks so far. No real impact yet. Would love to hear any one else’s experiences with this drug. Starting to feel it is not going to work.

Posted Mon 11 Mar 2024 17.17 by Jackie T

I’m sad to hear that you feel like Sotyku isn’t working for you, my dermatology team said that each of the drugs they have offered me can take a while to kick in, I hope that’s the case for you. I have to say I am leaning more towards the Apremilast having done some research.

Posted Mon 1 Apr 2024 01.07 by Joby

I have an update on my Sokytu treatment! After about one month of usage I am well on the way to full recovery of my flare. I have had minimal side effects, including some stomach upsets. Very happy so far.

To take part, sign in or register with us