One meal a day

Posted Wed 28 Feb 2024 21.58 by Ajrads

I'm 53 and have had psoriasis since I was 14. I've tried everything over the years with NHS ligjt treatment the only thing that worked - but I could only get that once - in 20223 it was concentrated on my legs to the extent I could not wear shorts - in Sep 23 for weight loss I started to eat one meal a day - circa 1300 cals - at dinner....a side effect I was not expecting was the total clearance of my psoriasis by Jan 24 - I don't know why or if this will work for you but it's my experience

Posted Thu 29 Feb 2024 12.49 by VARSHA P

Hi Its really good that your psoriasis is cleared. Can you put some light on your eating schedule. Things you completely avoided. What exactly you were having in morning. Detail information would be helpful. Thanks

Posted Tue 5 Mar 2024 16.13 by Karan

Hi Please do inform more on this . Will be really helpful.

Posted Tue 5 Mar 2024 16.22 by Ajrads

Hi, Its not very scientific but I 'clean fast' so just have water & black coffee after my evening meal circa 5.30m - it will be a bigger meal then I used to have but nothing crazy - I will then go at least 21 hours and up to 24 hours depending on the day - typically I will snack (boiled eggs or corn-on-cobb size snack) about 3pm. I don't worry about food groups etc and do the above Monday to Friday with Saturday and Sunday just skipping breakfast. For wherever reason having that minimum 21 hour break in eating has had a tremendous impact on my psoriasis

Posted Tue 5 Mar 2024 16.27 by Karan

I usually skip breakfast ...with dinner at 8.30 pm and then my next meal is at 2.30 pm the next day except for coffee or tea with milk. Any foods to avoid , if you can guide .

Posted Tue 5 Mar 2024 20.01 by Acrazydoglady (edited Tue 5 Mar 2024 20.13 by Acrazydoglady)

Google autophagy and psoriasis - fab food for thought!! As the question is could you stop as you've reset your gut once clear? Or does it start to come back? As I'm convinced mine is gut related & am 97% clear, I skip breakfast via my route...plus what an incredible discovery, well done you!! 💪✨

To take part, sign in or register with us