Foul Odour

Posted Thu 14 Mar 2024 16.07 by DutchSpot

I've had really bad inverse psoriasis underneath by breasts and fat folds for over a year. There has been periods when I have had flare up and its gotten infected and there is foul smelling ooze coming out. I had hoped that nobody would notice the smell but I've been approached by my rugby coach and manager saying that people have noticed a foul smell and I have to sort it. I do shower daily but when it flares it can come back within hours of washing for several days until I get it under control. Has anyone else had to deal with a similar situation. I just get really upset in the conversation and really embarrassed about the whole thing but there doesnt seem to be anything I can do>

Posted Sat 16 Mar 2024 12.04 by Whitewillow

I have this very same problem. It’s effecting my mental health so much. I just can’t get it under control.

Posted Tue 19 Mar 2024 13.51 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Sun 24 Mar 2024 11.31 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

I had inverse-psoriasis in my groin. It seemed to be associated with a fungal element also. I tried for months to get it under-control but it kept coming back every 3-4 weeks or never truly going away. Fortunately I never got as far as any foul smell even when it was raw and weeping. Finally I got rid of it with Trimovate. First after showering I used paper-towel (Kitchen roll) rather then a towel to dry the area, and then used a hair-dryer to ensure the area was completely dry. Then I applied Trimovate sparingly and tried as far as possible to make sure it was well-rubbed in. This was painful at first but became less painful day by day very quickly. Once the Trimovate was absorbed, and I tried to ensure the are was a dry as possible. I dusted it with a mildly medicated powder. Once the psoriasis/lesions had disappeared, I continued with the Trimovate for a further 5-6 days. Since then I still use kitchen roll to dry my groin rather than a towel to prevent any cross infection or re-infection with fungal infection, and I apply medicated powder to the area. The key for me has been to try and keep the area as dry as possible. I have been able to keep the lesions away for more than 1.5 year now.

Posted Sat 23 Mar 2024 14.34 by Aged_Snapper
Hello. Just turned 80 and greeted with psoriasis.

As a newbie, I also have just discovered foul smelling ooze in my armpits. My method of mitigation is to give up heavy cotton shirts and instead to wear summery light-weight seersucker shirts. They don't cling to the skin and allow an air layer.

To take part, sign in or register with us