How long does meds take to settle?

Posted Tue 30 Aug 2016 07.56 by wens1410
I am 43 year old female. Diagnosed as having psoriatic arthritis in August 2016 need help.

Took my second dose of methotrexate yesterday. Again woken up in the night in pain cramps Puking pain in spine and generally feeling lousy. Passing blood and diarrhea. Seriously how long does this go on for. Im missing so much work expecting to be let go any minute now.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 2016 06.19 by nat epsom

That does not sound good. I have been on 10 mg dose and haven't had any of those side affects. I think you should consult your doctor for advice

Posted Sat 17 Sep 2016 15.48 by Bright side
Hi. My name is Carol. I suffer with PSA. And P. I'm hoping to find friends on this site who also have the same.

Stick with it. I had every side effect it could throw at me. I persevered and now I'm pain free. No flares at all. It's a fantastic drug. It took mine about 3 months to work. Worth the wait. If you are worried about side effects, just call your doc. Regards Carol.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 2016 08.13 by wens1410
I am 43 year old female. Diagnosed as having psoriatic arthritis in August 2016 need help.

Thanks Carol. Sadly after third dose my GP took me off and now waiting for follow up appointment. Verge of losing job too. Can't seem to get a break this year. So pleased you're doing well gives hope to us all. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted Fri 7 Oct 2016 17.43 by bexxy

have you tried ciclosporin ? i have been on that 12 years and no side effects

Posted Sat 12 Nov 2016 18.44 by no1uknow

i was also taking dihydrocodeine which help with the pain i was using zimmer frames at one point. well 3 times... lol i think i may be getting my 4th flareup soon. :-( i feel your pain... i hope you get better. i was on methotrexate injections. the tablets made me feel sick,

To take part, sign in or register with us