Psoriasis around the eyes

Posted Mon 8 Apr 2024 22.43 by Danielcods

Hi new here, hope everyone is well Couple of years ago I was diagnosed with scalp psoriasis and for the past couple of years I have been managing ok with dermax and beta scalp. This past year though my scalp psoriasis has gotten really bad and I have developed quite severe plaque psoriasis around my eyes, I have been given eumovate and protopic which at first worked really well! and then my eyes flared up really bad again, the skin around my eye lids get stuck when I blink, the plaque from my eye brows falls on my glasses and it’s really annoying and uncomfortable to go outside in this beautiful English rain and wind. To make things worse I was recommended by dermatology to have my eyes looked at by an optician and they discovered my tear ducts are blocked?? I have my eyes tested regularly as I already have issues with my site, could the blocked tear ducts have been caused by the psoriasis I don’t hear many people with experiences of psoriasis around there eyes it’s a bloody nightmare!! If anyone has any experiences of psoriasis around their eyes I would love to hear how you manage it. Thanks :)

Posted Tue 9 Apr 2024 00.04 by steph

Hi I haven't heard of it, but just wanted to wish you well and hope it clears up, Did they say what it was actually blocked with? Could it be a build up of cream,I don't know but they should really investigate further . Steph

Posted Tue 9 Apr 2024 00.07 by steph

After searching it says inflammation/ irritation I would see you GP maybe he can prescribe something to help

Posted Tue 9 Apr 2024 21.46 by Danielcods

Hi Thanks for the well wishes, the optician wasn’t able to tell what the cause of the blockage is which is why they have referred me, I had contacted my Gp recently as well but all they can do is refer me to dermatology and the ophthalmologist so I will have to wait further investigation.

Posted Sat 13 Apr 2024 16.06 by Lynne

Hi there, I have psoriasis round my eyes & completely understand how you feel. I have had it on my scalp & in my ears for many years, but only started getting it around the eyes last year. I use Protopic x2 daily as directed by GP & was told to follow this regime indefinitely. If I'm not having a flare up, I try to only use the cream once every other day. Unfortunately I've barely had any break from flares, so am using it constantly. Please be aware that if drinking alcohol when using Protopic, the area where you apply the cream will redden & burn & trust me... It feels like your skin is melting. When only using the Protopic every other day, I apply vaseline around my eyes to help with the dry, crusty skin.

To take part, sign in or register with us