Steroids

Posted Fri 12 Apr 2024 10.26 by unknownKp

Hi I’m 24 and have had psoriasis for the past 4 years! I have been seeing all different views on topical steroids for P and didn’t want to use them on my body due to TSW. I have started using Enstilar Foam on my scalp and parts of my body and it has been three days since using and my p has now mostly cleared up? I have been prescribed Trimovate for my genitals and this has started to work a little. The main thing I want to know is, if I stop using the steroid is this going to trigger TSW? And will it just keep coming back? Has anyone else used enstilar foam? Another thing I wanted to know: I had the Copper IUD inserted in July 2020 and my first patch of psoriasis formed on the back of my head 1 month later? Could this have triggered my psoriasis from the start? I never had psoriasis before this? Just want to know if anyone else has had the same problem? I had my coil out 5 weeks ago and haven’t seen much of an improvement.

Posted Fri 12 Apr 2024 23.56 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Hello, there are many reasons or triggers for P to start. You may be right when your coil was fitted I.e hormone change, any impact to your immune system, trauma, stress etc. As far as Enstilar, it never agreed with me even though pretty much identical contents of dovobet tends to work. Trimovate is great for the area you mention. As for TSW, the majority of cases I have read have been people with excema. Not saying it doesn't happen with P sufferers. I do know from my own experience that extensive (years) use of steroids can unfortunately leave ones skin thinner and more vulnerable to tearing or injury. Fortunately I tend not to use much steroid creams now as I am on other medication but I suppose have swapped one potential problem for another.

Posted Sat 13 Apr 2024 10.04 by unknownKp

Did you find that the Enstilar foam was hard to remove from your hair? I have been told to apply this foam daily until P clears up but the enstilar foam is really tough to remove.

To take part, sign in or register with us