Accupuncture for Psoriasis

Posted Fri 23 Sep 2016 13.44 by Catherin

Hi there, I've had psoriasis for 15 years but it's been very distinct patches just over my back and face, as well as scalp. Two weeks ago I was on holiday and had a few insect bites on my ankles and I came out with a huge rash all over the tops of my legs which then crept to all my legs. I was prescribed steroids by the dermatologist which has calmed my legs down but it's since crept up my tummy and back and each day it creeps higher, now is parts over my chest and neck. I'm just itchy all over and not sleeping because of the itch, it's been like this for 15 days now. I tried acupuncture this week and was told to avoid dairy and some "damp foods" avocado, nuts, bananas. I'm also eight weeks pregnant and don't know whether the "creep"/itch is just a result of the pregnancy hormones. Has anyone else had any experience with acupuncture?

Posted Sat 29 Oct 2016 23.18 by Psad

Personally, I am wary of acupuncture because it makes a small break in your skin layers, and damage to skin is implicated in the development of psoriasis. For the itch, try not to do that first scratch but keep your anti-itch cream (Stingose, Soov, lignocaine-based cream) in the fridge and it will help at least with immediate relief. On the US psoriasis site, I tried to call myself 'Psitch' but there were far too many of them - psitch 1,2,2, -1, -2, -3, -4 etc etc. Good Luck!

Posted Sun 5 May 2019 07.40 by CombatP

I started acupuncture and Chinese herbs this week. Oil keep y’all posted

To take part, sign in or register with us